How-To: Bubblicious Pink
+ Shadow Root
Is there anything hotter right now than a shadow root paired with a fashion color? Probably not. Just ask Paige Teixeira (@polishedbypaigey), a stylist at Republic Salon in Folsom, Calif. We recently posted this insanely on-trend pink color she created on our Instagram, and the response was overwhelming. The results are in: THIS is one of this season’s “It” colors.
“This client is always looking to play with color while still staying light, so we take advantage of her platinum and work with fashion tones pretty often!” shares Paige. “She was previously a dark purple, rooty blonde, and we removed this using Wella Professionals Color Touch Clear and 13-volume developer in order to get her back to her platinum/brown root shadow.” Here’s what Paige did next to achieve this gorgeous, bubblegum pink hue.
Want to be featured? Tag your pics to #behindthechair!
Natural/Starting Level: 6-week-old previously-highlighted hair, root shadowed with Wella Color Touch 6/71.
Wella Color Formulas
Formula A: Color Touch 5/71 + Color Touch Emulsion 1.9% (6-volume)
Formula B: Color Touch Special Mix + 15g /65 + Color Touch Emulsion 1.9% (6-volume) + 15g Olaplex No.2
1. Shampoo using Unite WEEKENDER Shampoo, then wash with Fanola No Yellow Shampoo, and let sit for five minutes.
2. On damp hair, apply Formula A to the roots, blending down with your fingers about 1 to 2 inches in a teardrop section.
3. Apply Formula B to the midlengths and ends, blending at the roots and saturating fully. Process for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse with ice cold water, then condition with Unite BOOSTA Conditioner.
5. Apply Unite 7Seconds Condition Leave In Detangler, then Unite Blow and Set Lotion from the roots to the ends. Blow-dry with a round brush, curl with a 1 ¼-inch iron and finish with a spritz of Unite TEXTURIZA Spray.
Pricing: Color: $175; Cut: $50
How-To: Perfect Purple