Think Pink Color Formula
Winter goes hand-in-hand with dark and dreary days, which is exactly why we need fashion colors to add some life to the season! If your client is asking for a specific shade of pink, it can be hard to figure out which mix of colors will achieve the exact color she desires. But, if she's asking for a true bubblegum pink, look no further than this "think pink" color formula from Kelly McCormick (@kellymccormickhair), a stylist at Salon 202 in Howell, N.J. Get the how-to!
Want to be featured? Tag your pics to #behindthechair!
Before and after the first session.
Formula A: Paul Mitchell Violet Flash Toner + Equal parts 5-volume developer
Formula B: Redken Shades EQ 9v + Equal parts processing solution
Formula C: Redken Shades EQ 8v + Equal parts processing solution
Formula D: Pulp Riot 4 oz. Blush + ½ oz. Cupid
After the second session, before adding the pink tones.
1. During the first session, lighten the roots with 30-volume developer and lightener. Process for 20 minutes, then run through at the sink.
2. Next, tone using Formula A and process for 5 minutes.
3. At the second session, perfect the blonde color by toning with Formula B for 3 minutes.
4. Lighten the roots with Formula C and process for 5 minutes. Then wash her hair with Shimmer Lights and towel-dry well.
5. To deepen the color, apply Formula D in small sections and process for 10 minutes.
How-To: Pretty in Pink Ombré