How-To: Bronde Balayage
Is it blonde? Or is it brunette? Those are the questions your on-trend clients want everyone to be asking them—because in 2017, that barely-there-but-oh-so-beautiful bronde shade is going to be so in. So, when Ivan Hernandez’s (@justhairobsession) client came in looking for a color refresh and gave him free range with his hair-painting skills, he went to work on this gorgeous ashy bronde. And, needless to say, Instagram loved it. Here’s how he did it.
Want to be featured? Tag your pics to #behindthechair!
Ivan cut off 10 inches before starting on his client's color.
Starting Level: Natural Level 5
Formula A (balayage): L'Oréal Professionnel Infinie Platine Lightener + 20-volume developer
Formula B (toner): Matrix Color Sync 1.25 oz. 8A + 1.25 oz. 8V + 0.5 oz. Clear + 6 oz. 10-volume developer
1. Starting around the face, backcomb balayage strands into a foil using Formula A.
2. Working in 1-inch sections from left to right, tease every section and paint in a V-shape, always feathering your brush upward. Be sure to leave out 1½ inches at the top of the head in order to create your contrast.
3. Let the hair process for 30 minutes with no added heat.
4. Next, rinse and tone using Formula B. Ivan first sectioned out the hairline and toned the remaining strands for 5 minutes. Then he applied the toner all over, letting it process for 5 more minutes.
5. Style as desired. Ivan used a 1 ½-inch Marcel curling iron and Moroccanoil® finishing spray to complete his look.
Hair-Painting = $155
Toning = $65
Haircut = $65
Total = $285
Top 12 Balayage Quickies of 2016
5 Balayages We Can't Get Enough Of
How-To: Rose Gold Balayage