How-To: Slate Gray Metallic
Oh metallic shades, how we love thee. And so do you! When this post hit more than 9,000 likes on Instagram, we knew we had to get the details from Susan Aw (@susan.aw), a color specialist at AVERLINC Hair Salon in Arcadia, Calif. She slayed the Granny Gray game with this metallic blend of blue and gray tones. Get the how-to.
Want to be featured? Tag your pics to #behindthechair!
Kenra Professional Color Formulas
Formula A: Lightener + 20-volume developer
Formula B: Lightener + 10-volume developer
Formula C (roots): Color 7SM + 1N + Ultra Bond Seal v2.1
Formula D (ends): Color 8SM + 10SM + Blue booster + Creme Developer
Enter to win the NEW Kenra Platinum
Color Charge Collection!
1. Apply Formula A ½-inch from the scalp down to the line of demarcation, separating each section with foils. Process for 30 to 45 minutes.
2. Touch the roots with Formula A and reapply Formula A to the midshaft where more lift is needed. Remove the foils, cover the hair in plastic wrap and process for 30 minutes. "Wipe off previous lightener for better lifting results," advises Susan.
3. Once the hair is lifted to a Level 9/10, run the ends with Formula B to rinse any residue of previous color.
4. Pre-tone with Fanola No Yellow Shampoo and process for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Apply Formula C to the roots and melt into Formula D on the ends. Then use Ultra Bond Seal again as a treatment.
6. Style as desired.
Total Processing Time: 7 hours
Total Price: $400
The finished look!