How-To: Glorious Blonde
This softly-rooted balayage is giving us some serious #blondegoals. Catherine Long (@catherinelovescolor) gave her client the balayage of her dreams when she stepped into Catherine’s Hair Design in Cadillac, Mich. With more than 8,000 likes on Instagram, we had to get the deets. Check out the color formula and how-to!
Want to be featured? Tag your pics to #behindthechair!
Formula A (balayage): 20g PRAVANA Pure Light Balayage Lightener + 30g 50-volume developer + 1/16 oz. Olaplex No.1
Formula B (roots): Redken Shades EQ 8N + 8V + Olaplex No.1
Formula C (midlengths): Shades EQ 9P
Formula D (ends): Shades EQ 9P + Crystal Clear
1. Shampoo with Malibu C Un-Do-Goo twice and towel-dry. Apply Malibu Crystal Gel and place cap on head. Process under dryer for 30 minutes. Shampoo with Malibu Un-Do-Goo twice and lightly condition. Blow-dry the hair.
2. Apply Formula A using Colortrak Professional Balayage Haircoloring Film to section the hair. Process for 40 minutes with no heat.
3. Rinse and shampoo with Fanola No Yellow Shampoo, then towel-dry the hair.
4. Next, apply Formula B to the roots starting 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch down.
5. Apply Formula C through the midlengths, lightly overlapping Formula B.
6. Apply Formula D to the ends, overlapping with Formula C using Lisa Hart-Walker’s (@lisalovesbalayage) “wet on wet” colormelting technique.
7. Comb throughout the hair to blend the balayage. Process for 12 minutes.
8. Rinse and apply Olaplex No.2. Process for 10 minutes, then shampoo and condition.
9. Blow-dry and use the Bio Ionic Long Barrel Styler 1.25-inch Pro Curling Iron to create beachy waves.
Process Time: 3½ hours
How-To: Balayaged Rays of Light
How-To: Shadow Blonde
5 Balayages We Can't Get Enough Of