Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Bad Day
Posted By:
Posted By:rcscissorhands on: 7/11/2008 8:24:45 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Bad Day
rcscissorhands

Bad Day
Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 8:24:45 PM
Why is it that you can have so many happy clients & still just one person can bring you down? Am i the only one this happens to?

Kallie

Posted: Friday, July 11, 2008 11:29:47 PM
No you are not the only one. I have a client that I need to 'break up' with. She is retired with not a lot going on except lunch with the girls. I am a salon owner so after having my second child by c-section 19 months after having my first child by c-section I took three weeks off work. This lady didn't even miss an appointment, but had the nerve to say "I hope your not having anymore kids". This week she came in and I was running 10 minutes behind and she was pissed. As I was doing her nails she asked how come we don't have cookies for the clients. I told her we offer beverages, but not cookies. She said "well last time I was here I had a cookie" After I told her another client had brought those in for everyone she rolled her eyes and said "I should have known". I wanted to FREAK out. I just don't know how to fire her. I have been in the biz for a long time and never run into someone like her. She is also the big complainer of no money, but travels all over the place. Sorry you had a bad client and wish I could offer some words of advice, but as you can see I need some myself.

rcscissorhands

Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2008 10:25:01 PM
Kallie-I'm not sure how i would handle this one! The best thing i can come up with is maybe telling her you don't feel like she is happy as a client there anymore. (you must be doing something right though, or she would have done quit coming to you). But this would kinda open the door to further conversation about how she is making you feel, without just demanding what is going on with her.  i know it's easier said than done to handle difficult customers. i hope all works out for you!

patreefan

Me too
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 9:57:18 PM
rc, I feel your pain. In the past 3 weeks, I have lost 2 clients to my business partner and she tells me it's because they needed Tuesdays, which I don't work.It sounds legit, but It made me feel like I did something bad. On top of that, I had someone call and say that she hated her last haircut. I probably fix a cut twice a year, but That just made me want to break down. That's all I could think about even though I was so busy that I didn't eat lunch until 3:00 and I ate it in about 4 min. It's amazing how you only think about the bad things even though there are so many good things to think about.
Kallie, I have had to break up with clients before and soooo glad I did. It's the worst feeling when you see that bad client in the book and you dread it for days and then think about it some more after they leave. It's really not worth it. It stresses you out and you know that grumpy client isn't referring you to anyone anyways. Just tell her : It seems as if you haven't been very happy with my services lately and I would not be at all offended if you found another salon to help you out. She will either go somewhere else of get the hint. Good luck girls!!