Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > share a formula with a co-worker?
Posted By:
Posted By:Kakkie on: 2/2/2009 6:35:23 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: share a formula with a co-worker?
Kakkie

share a formula with a co-worker?
Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 6:35:24 PM
I have a client for years who shows up late...misses appointments even after being called to confirm appointments a day ahead of scheduled time....she loves my color I do and cut.  But now, after sticking me with another "no show apointment" she is requesting to book with a co-worker in a more convenient time for her and provide my formula for her color!  I feel I must give my co-worker my formula, which I have worked on for some years.   However, it just doesn't seem fair to have to part with this.  Please inform....

JL_salon

Posted: Monday, February 02, 2009 6:53:50 PM
Is she truly booking with a co-worker just for the time slot? If so, why can't you come in at that time?

Or, maybe this is a good chance to fire her as a client? Sounds like she's more of a bother to you than not. Give your co-worker the formula -- if nothing else just for the good karma -- and find a new guest who isn't such a flake!

heatherdazy
Silver Member

Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 10:38:54 AM
My formulas are rarely exactly as written. I tend to take a 'little of this, little of that' approach.

Can't you claim to not have a written copy but express confidence that your coworker will be able to match the formula by sight?

gd
Gold Member

Posted: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:11:26 PM
If you are a booth renter, the formula belongs to you and it is your personal choice to give it to the other stylist. If you are an employee, the formula belongs to the salon and it really isn't your choice. As a salon owner and stylist, I never give out my color formulas.