Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Chemical Straightening Help!!
Posted By:
Posted By:kangels167 on: 4/6/2009 9:16:08 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Chemical Straightening Help!!
kangels167

Chemical Straightening Help!!
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 9:16:08 PM

Help please. I did a chi straightening system back in january, three months ago, my client is a 15 yr old girl with tons of hair, she had a lot of hair, and was curly, but fine. I did the chi and she had a resistant spot in the crown area of her hair, so she came in a week later and we re-did the area she felt was not stick straight enough. Now it is three months later...three months.. and her mother called to say her hair is curly again, and wants it re-done again for free. I tried to explain to her that three months is a long time, and she has regrowth, the mother seems to think that her hair should not need a retouch this soon. , i spoke to my salon manager and client is coming in to have a consultation, and i can wash her hair and sit her under the dryer to see what is really curly. has anyone ever had the Chi Straightening revert like that??  I have been sick to my stomach for a week, and want to know what to do, any help would be apperciated greatly! =)

tonic

Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 9:13:01 PM
try a new str8n product! my hair wont  take a chi color! but chi products work good! i guess im no help! lol!
 Toni

russnyc
Platinum Member

Consultation
Posted: Thursday, April 09, 2009 7:39:50 AM
Hi

15 is really too youung to perform chemical service on. For one thing, the mom probably felt like she spent a lot of money and doesn't feel like spending more.

Be sure to state there is no refund policy and you don't service redos three months out, but you will offer her a spot service at 50 perent off.

The problem is that you didn't spell out any framework for regrowth in the initial consultation and the client is too young to understand that.
Russ H. Colorist at the Roy Teeluck Salon 57th & Madison Avenue, Manhattan NYC "There are no ugly women, only lazy ones." -Helena Rubenstein