Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Need inspiration, bad!
Posted By:
Posted By:patreefan on: 4/10/2009 10:06:12 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Need inspiration, bad!
patreefan

Need inspiration, bad!
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 10:06:12 PM
I have owned my salon for 3 years and I feel like I'm in a big old rut. I feel like I'm starting to not be in to hair like I used to . I need some inspiration. Does anyone know of a great book on hair or something that will make me passionate about it again? I feel like I'm always doing the same thing over and over. I'm still very busy, but I want to stay busy and I've lost my creativity. S.O.S!

diana valencia

Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:07:34 AM
Shows. Shows. Shows.
Also do some haircuts for free. Tell them you have to have
total creative license to do that/this cut. Experiment with new
products..... all gratis, in case you hate your own results...
and the client does also. They won't ! Most clients love you to
show creative bold side... go for it. Drink alot of Green tea, and
rock on!

diana

DEHAIR

Unfortunate
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 4:08:25 PM

Hey Unfortunate, Don't get so down we all go through it, ........... What I did was go to the local high school or the junior college an get to the Photo dept. an ask them for a little help with some Photo shoots, You will buy the film if needed, or didg.an offer some free haircuts,Do's whatever you can for them to help your Life,            

pixanne
Platinum Member

look within
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 6:44:20 PM

do you have a staff working for you? if so, maybe you could set up a time after work for a class that everyone could attend. it could be taught by one of the stylists, on something that person is very knowledgeable about, it could be someone from the product lines you use,or it could be YOU.you probably have the keys to the inspiration you are looking for right there in your own salon.most distributors have classes you can take,just ask.

i know that where i work, there are stylists who are great at updos, something i don't enjoy doing, but they gave a class on updos after work one tuesday and i feel much more compelled to do one now that i have some fresh ideas. i'm sure you have some things to share, and teaching others can be a way to become inspired as well. just get the juices flowing with the free resources that you already have.

good luck!