Posted By:
Posted By:shorthairedgirl on: 5/8/2009 9:09:54 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: *Don't Work For Fantastic Sam's*
shorthairedgirl
Bronze Member

*Don't Work For Fantastic Sam's*
Posted: Friday, May 08, 2009 9:09:54 AM

I am done working for chain salons but i will tell you this FS is the absolute worst. I had an owner who was not a stylist and thats trouble.  She had no idea what she was doing. just take my word for it don't ever work for them. Because the people who work the hardest are the ones they make a jerk out of!

With that said I am going to work for a private salon from now on. I don't care if I just make commission! I'm also getting my NY license. Hopefully I will be able to work in the city. Thanks for letting me vent!

elwhair

Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:37:41 AM
I'm sorry for your experience. I am currently working at an FS and it's not bad. However, my owner used to do hair so she understands the issues a lot better I'm sure. I'm not saying that I would work at one for the rest of my life, but it is a good place to get your foot in the door and start building a clientele. Good luck with working in NYC! I'm planning on doing that within the next few years.

da_luckiest_one

Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:29:34 PM
I started my career @ FS and it was bittersweet. I did get a fast clientele but when it came time for me to move on, only two people followed me; at FS, I never took a break b/c I was so busy. Never will I regret my decision to move to another salon, but I will say it's hard going from being busy to only having two clients follow.

Salon at Ulta
Mall of Louisiana Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA

shorthairedgirl
Bronze Member

well...
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:38:30 AM
thanks to all you beautiful people for answering i was just venting that day, and i ended up getting a much better job anyway!

Lily 

jennbunny

so ...
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:50:05 PM
im a priority student at douglas j aveda, ann arbor MI. i have over 60 percent pre booking and the best product sales in my school. i have paid about 16 grand for school.

however, i work for a fantastic sams as front desk. and those girls are my LIFE. my owner is NOT a stylist. but has been in the business for about 20 years and when we roll through vegas tony is like the FS king. i feel famous when we are with him. he owns 6 salons... and abotu 3 of them have had top 10 out the salons in THE u.s ... which is awesome.

we do "team activities" like partying on a boat he rented for all his stylists and he takes us to vegas and different classes, even ME the receptionist !!!

i am part of the f.s family and i love my job. and can not wait to start working there. like you said its a foot in the door. and the repetition is exactly what i need, especially coming straight out of beauty school. although i love these people, i dont plan on staying forever, because i have bigger plans, but its somewhere to start unti l my lease is up !!!

but all im saying is the FS i work for is amazing, you just got delt some shitty cards :-/
fenn fliebatron

malloryk

Posted: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:09:14 AM
Glad it all worked out for you

bugsmom122402

to shorthairedgirl
Posted: Saturday, July 03, 2010 1:26:14 PM
Ive been doing hair for many years and one thing out of many that i have learned is, that if the owner of your salon isnt a hairdresser then the job is going to be pretty difficult for you. They are all about the bottom line, how much money your going to make them. But never are they concerned with the moral of the stylists. We have recently gotten a new owner and she is a hairstylist that works right along side of us. Sharing in all that we do. I dont think you need to condemn all fantastic sams salons just because the one you worked for is ran by someone that isnt a stylist.
Ive been working for Fantastic Sams Salon for a long time and with my family life it works out perfect. I have my hands in many other things away from work. So having this job means the world to me.