Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > wanting to go take the practical portion of the exam after 4 years.
Posted By:
Posted By:chadfromnc_2000 on: 5/10/2009 9:03:09 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: wanting to go take the practical portion of the exam after 4 years.
chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

wanting to go take the practical portion of the exam after 4 years.
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:03:09 PM

Hi

I graduated from Cosmetology school back in 2005 and did take the theory part of the exam and passed it but I never took the practical part because by the time i was suppose to take it I felt burnt out and sick of doing hair. I have missed the field since and want to get back into it. I called the state board and my school hours are locked in so I just have to take the Practical part of the exam.. The thing is is that I dont know if i can recall what to do, I think I can remember enough to wing it on the hair part, but dont know what I could all remember of hte mannicure and facial part...  Any advice ??? Also do salons hire stylist after they have been out of the field for as long as I have???

da_luckiest_one

Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 12:40:23 AM
The best advice I can give you is to see if they have a print out of all the things they want you to do on the practical. If they give you that, start practicing.

chadfromnc

Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:50:41 AM

Thanks for tha reply :-)

I did find the webstie to stateboard and printed out the supply list and instructions. I have started buying supplies for it.. Im going to try to perm my manniquin head this weekend so she will be good and ready....

chadfromnc

Posted: Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:50:45 AM

Thanks for tha reply :-)

I did find the webstie to stateboard and printed out the supply list and instructions. I have started buying supplies for it.. Im going to try to perm my manniquin head this weekend so she will be good and ready....