Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Frustrated, any advice?
Posted By:
Posted By:cuttingloose22 on: 5/19/2009 9:50:41 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Frustrated, any advice?
cuttingloose22

Frustrated, any advice?
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 9:50:41 AM
I have been licensed since last June, After working with mostly men and children for the past 10 months, I am finally in the full service upscale salon I dreamed of. I love my boss and her cousin too (who rents a booth. I've been there about a month. Rencently though, 2 people have come back to "cut missed peices" or tone their hair and my boss had to talk to me about it. I go out of my way to ensure the happiness of my clients and both gave me a very decent tip, so why is it that when they leave, they like their hair and then return a week later claiming it wasnt right? we have talked about my speed, and agree I should slow down, because with men and children its very fast paced. Is my speed deluting my clients confidence? i am very confident,I ask questions, LISTEN, check EVERYTHING but if this problem keeps happening, I certainly don't want to lose my job! please help! * also, if anyone has any tips on blowdrying short curly frizzy thick hair stick straight, i'm all ears

heatherdazy
Silver Member

Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:21:23 PM
Many times a client can't really tell what's going on with her haircut until she tries to style it herself.

If you're actually 'missing pieces', it sounds like you would really benefit from a few women's haircutting classes. Would your boss be willing to spend some time working with you on this?

Other than that, the only real advice I can offer is to take smaller sections, take overlapping sections and cross check using sections perpendicular to the ones you initially used. That will show you any mistakes instantly.

Another trick is to blow dry using your haircut sections... the same sections at the same angles. This will show you everything again.

cuttingloose22

thank you for your advice
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:44:32 AM
thank you for your advice, thats so funny you mentioned the classes because yesterday my boss had actually talked about signing the 3 of us up for some classes as well as watching a new set of dvds on techniques! I think in the missing peices it was simply a case of I rounded on corner in the back.But she was very nice about it and is returning on friday to fix it up. I think your right and I just need to take my time a little bit more to check. afterall, if we never improve ourselves, we're only perfecting an error! thanx again