Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > The worst experiance
Posted By:
Posted By:DesiretogetInspired on: 7/7/2009 11:31:36 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: The worst experiance
DesiretogetInspired

The worst experiance
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 11:31:36 AM
I v only been in school since january and i had a client yesterday with lice! leave it to me to come across something like that so early into this profession.

chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

dont let it get you down
Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 8:00:33 PM

hey desiretoinspire,

that is a very terrible thing that happen to you, but dont let that get you down.. at least you have seen it upclose and know exaclty what to do god forbid it to ever happen to you next time.

da_luckiest_one

Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 11:15:47 PM
I've been a cosmetologist for 3 years, and I'll tell you that if you see it in school, you know what to look for and the precautions to take. I see it all the time and it's a part of our business.

Salon at Ulta
Mall of Louisiana Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA

i<3pomps

Posted: Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:30:13 AM

I agree with luckiest. It is just part of the business. While getting started I worked in a few chain salons and I will say it was more common there than anywhere else I have worked. I think it is because people think we are stupid and go to a heavy traffic walk-in salon, thinking it will go unnoticed. The most amusing part of the whole thing to me is that they know their kid has it and SWEAR they don't. It is actually a great thing that you were able to identify it. I worked with a salon mgr that had been in the business for 26 years and didn't even know what it looked like.

Also, I have been in the buisness for almost 13 and I have seen it more times than I would ever want to. *knock on wood* I have never gotten it! I usually discretly inspect for it if there is a kid...or anyone for that matter, that comes in wanting all their hair cut off.

Rock N Roll Ruby