Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > 4th week as an assistant and starting to not be happy
Posted By:
Posted By:chadfromnc_2000 on: 9/17/2009 8:27:37 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: 4th week as an assistant and starting to not be happy
chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

4th week as an assistant and starting to not be happy
Posted: Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:27:37 AM

Hello Beautiful People,

so this is my forth week of being an assistant and im starting to see things i dont like. the stylist/owner that im assisting keeps saying he want me proficent at shampooing and that its going to take me awhile to shampoo like he wants.. Now i have worked at some salon before and even in school i was always told i give great shampoos and even was requested for them. Just because i dont do every movement just like the owner doesnt mean im doing it wrong...  Also i have mostly been working on manniqueens, he doesnt really let me assist and work with him on a client. (isnt that what im suppose to be doing) i dont mind the other task that i do such as laundry, working front desk, sweeping etc. I know thats part of being an assistant. however i dont know if im a match for the owner/stylist and his OCD attitude that every movement has to be just like his, Plus i watch how he handles the boothrenters. and its almost like he tells them what to do or what they shouldnt do. one stylist wanted someting punky with a pink color and the boothrenter and client were discussing it and then owner follows stylist to color bar and tells the styist they dont do that kind of color here. and try to talk the stylist into giving the client something less dramitic, needless to say the client didnt like the end result cause it was not what she wanted in the first place.  its almost like the boothrenters work for him too. i dont think i would ever want to boothrent from him when time comes...