Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Stressed but needed a change!
Posted By:
Posted By:maxleigh on: 9/26/2009 8:57:00 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Stressed but needed a change!
maxleigh

Stressed but needed a change!
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 8:57:00 PM
I've recently made a move to a higher end salon in a trendy area. My clients are beginning to find me, but I'm feeling anxious at making this move. It doesn't have nearly half of the foot traffic the previous salon had. However, the managment and creative, team environment have already been a huge improvement from my previous salon.  It's been my third week at the new location and the transition have been hitting my paychecks hard. I'm trying to stay focused and positive. I know so many go through this, but it's scary and I hope in a few months everything will be falling back into place. Words of inspiration would be helpful!

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:09:52 PM

it's always hard to leave your comfort zone, but it is the only way to grow! you are getting more exposure to new clients, and it does take a while to see the full effects. as long as you appear confident, and do your best service(and are consistent),you will retain clients and get referrals. just watch your spending,and soon you will be making more than ever before.

it's a scary time for all of us. just keep on keepin on.

ideamaned

Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 10:19:33 PM

What have you done to encourage your customers to follow you to your new salon?

Were they informed, groomed and prepared for this change? Or did you just suddenly surprise them?

Are you really pushing hard for them to follow you, or are you relying on hope?

I can understand you feeling a little anxiety. Your anxiety would probably be less if you were doing things to bring new customers your way.

Are you doing any sort of marketing to try to enlarge your customer list? No matter how hard you push your people to follow you, some will stray. You need to be proactive in getting new people.