Posted By:
Posted By:LunaChelle on: 10/27/2009 12:42:41 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Best way to handle a re-do client
LunaChelle

Best way to handle a re-do client
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 12:42:41 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm going to explain the current situation at the salon and I'd like some feedback for the best procedure for booking a re-do client.

BTW- Our salon has just hired an new staff. The owner is not a hairdresser, but the salon manager is.

I believe that if the client wants a change to what was originally done, they should always be placed with the stylist who originally did them (because they do not pay for the service twice and because the stylist should be given the opportunity to keep the client happy to retain the business.) The only time should they go to another stylist is when they are unhappy with the stylist who originally did them and refuse to go back to them. Right?

In my opinion, you always book the client with the stylist who originally did them UNLESS the client refuses. And if the client refuses, the new stylist correcting the problem should be compensated for the work performed. Whether it be by taking the monies from the original stylist or coming from the salon itself. Someone else's mess up shouldn't be another stylists burden.

vivid1

acceptable re-do handling
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:10:48 PM
I agree with you. In order to give the original stylist a chance to please the client and redeem themselves, the redo should always be given to the stylist who performed the service, unless the client requests otherwise.
At my salon, if it was a mistake on the first stylists part, and the redo is with a different stylist, I will take the price of the original service off of their paycheck and use it to compensate the second stylist, or in an extreme circumstance I will just cover it at the salon's expense, but either way, it's horribly unfair to expect another stylist to perform a service without being compensated!

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 4:22:12 PM
the re-do should be handled by the original stylist, at no charge. if the client does not want the original stylist, the manager (if a stylist) should handle the problem free of charge. if the manager cannot, a stylist with  the ability to take care of the problem should be asked to do the re-do, again at no charge to the client.and the salon should compensate the second stylist fully for their work.making the client happy is the most important part of the equation.