Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > inspirational stories
Posted By:
Posted By:lovehair13 on: 11/5/2009 10:49:00 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: inspirational stories
lovehair13

inspirational stories
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:49:00 AM
Have you ever had a client in your chair that inspired you or touched you? The other day at work I sat a male client down in my chair.. & one of the first things he said to me was that he bet I wouldn't believe he just finished his last treatment for cancer 2 weeks ago.. & I said wow.. I wouldn't have.. he had a full thick head of hair.. I got to talking to him about his cancer.. and then he starts telling me a story that happened to him a couple days prior. He was at the store & a lady had her two daughters with him.. they were about 6 & 9 years old.. it started raining really hard.. so he offered to drive them home. They accepted it & he told them he just finished treatments.. the older girl told him she goes to church every sunday & she would pray for him & tell her pastor about it as well.. while shes talking to him.. the younger girl is in the back fiddling with a bracelet she had on.. they get to the house & she gets out.. but turns back around & walks up to his window.. she said she wanted him to have her bracelet because it was her lucky bracelet.. then she reached up & gave him a hug.. he then showed me the bracelet attached to his keyring.. I got teary eyed from that.. I just cant believe two girls so young could care soo much about somebody they just met

jadekitty
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:59:05 PM
Children are always so innocent - it's before they're tainted from the world, I guess. Nice to hear a story that wasn't a client using a stylist for therapy for a change, lol.
We sometimes need to be reminded of the good in the world when we're constantly bombarded with the bad and the ugly - the news, the papers, everything.
It's a sweet story - thanks for sharing it with me. I needed the brightening up today.
"Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you're up to."

lovehair13

Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 8:09:45 PM

Yes I would agree they are so innocent.. it just takes a lot for a child so young to step up to somebody she doesn't know like that.. I know there is so much bad out there.. in our profession we do see the good & bad.. sometimes I guess it seems like more bad but I guess we just need to search for the good in our day.