Display:
Author: Thread: JC Penny salon training so far :-(
chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

JC Penny salon training so far :-(
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 3:56:32 PM
Hello,

i have a bad feeling about the JC Penny i just started 

I was under the impression  that they train you for a week or 2 befor putting you on the floor, but im going straight on the floor tomorrow! the only training i had was 2 days of general JC pENNYS training on how to run the register. I dont even know anything about the socolor line or how it works :-(

I have been reading about the color line on line and trying to find as much info as i can on it but it would be nice to have a demo on it before i use it on a client. Does anyone know if this is the norm training for JC Pennys.

Chad

heatherdazy
Silver Member

Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 6:04:17 PM
Why am I not surprised?

If you're willing to go at it on your own, your best bet might be whichever of your local beauty supply stores carries socolor and ask if they have any educational mat'l.

When I placed my order for color when I started boothrenting, I was surprised how they just threw all that stuff my way because they had piles of it sitting around. I think I have about 4 swatchbooks, every color dvd paul mitchell has made plus some duplicates, color formulation cards, etc.

So... ask. Even if you wind up having to pay a few bucks, it will be worth it.

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 7:21:57 PM

i'm sure your co workers wouldn't mind sharing some pointers with you,go in and ask someone if, when they are not busy, to give you a quick runthrough of the color line. then maybe you can observe other stylists coloring hair while you are not with a client to get a feel for the mixing etc, and results.you could tell your manager not to book you any colors until you familiarize yourself with this line, but--

eventually chad, you just gotta jump in and do it! be brave!!!

chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

Thanks heather dazy and pixanne I just
Posted: Thursday, November 05, 2009 8:03:44 PM

thanks gals,

I was just a little sad that they put me right out on the floor after I had explained my bad regis experience being done that way back in 2005. and they assured me i would get the training i needed at jcp during my interview.i do know that they have classes twice a month that the stylist go to so maybe thats what they were referring too.  Anyway i have talked to a stylist there who has been in the industry for 20 yrs and had her own salon in another state before moving to nc and she has been with JCP fo 2 years, so i think she will work with me and she will be somewhat of a mentor to me..

I just dont want to quit and get discouraged again. i want to be braver this time, but im scared of getting my first client again,. ill prob be shaking and sweating :-P ill try to fake it till i makeit though :-)

da_luckiest_one

Posted: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 10:28:14 PM
Sometimes you do have to do what's best for you and split. Unfortunately, I had to with Ulta. They cut my hours for a new stylist, which cut down my check to where I was barely making it. I'm not bummed though because I took a management position with another company. In the end, it might take a few tries, but you'll find where you fit in.

chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

JC P not supplying alot of tools :-(
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:50:17 AM

Hey,

I just found out that they want you to supply all your combs and brushes and rollers at JC Pennys salon... at least when i was at Regis they supplied it all. I even have to supply my own hair dryer at JC Penny, I kinda expected then to supply that since its a chain salon... Anyway the other day the manager asked us to bring in our own tweezers for waxing ,she said she got in trouble by the store manager for buying new tweezers for the salon!  what will be next us having to bring in our own wax too :-(

Im so not happy there but will be there through the holidays and hopefully things will seem better.

ps sorry to hear Ulta treated you bad Sarah

da_luckiest_one

Posted: Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:19:15 PM
You know, it's the game when you work for chains. Unfortunately, i was replaceable to them, so I went somewhere where i'm not. You just have to find the right place.

jwill281

J C Penney training
Posted: Wednesday, January 27, 2010 8:59:36 AM
Chad you need to talk with you store manager you salon leader had alot of things she is to supply for you your hot tools you are to supply she has a list of things you supply she should have given you on you hire date ask for it. Then show this to her and ask for for all the other items, that you need for your job if you don't have them ask you store manage why these items are not there for you to complete your job. Have a nice day, remember great customer service is number 1