Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > JC Penny salon not suppling alot of tools :-(
Posted By:
Posted By:chadfromnc_2000 on: 11/12/2009 10:52:56 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: JC Penny salon not suppling alot of tools :-(
chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

JC Penny salon not suppling alot of tools :-(
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 10:52:56 AM

Hey,

I just found out that they want you to supply all your combs and brushes and rollers at JC Pennys salon... at least when i was at Regis they supplied it all. I even have to supply my own hair dryer at JC Penny, I kinda expected then to supply that since its a chain salon... Anyway the other day the manager asked us to bring in our own tweezers for waxing ,she said she got in trouble by the store manager for buying new tweezers for the salon!  what will be next us having to bring in our own wax too :-(

Im so not happy there but will be there through the holidays and hopefully things will seem better.

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2009 7:47:35 PM
i've never had my tools supplied for me, nor would i want them to be.i have specific likes and dislikes, and i want quality equipment, not the cheapo stuff like they gave you in hair school. just look at it as an opportunity to get some nice things.

chadfromnc_2000
Bronze Member

Pixanne thanks for
Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 11:27:51 AM

pixanne thanks for the positive feedback :-)

i was just taken back by them not even supplying rollers!!! I do like my own combs and brushes its jsut that i dont have many since im starting out and i feel like, if i have to borrow a bigger roller brush or smaller one in front of the client then that might make me look bad. im glad i found out about the rollers before i had a client come on to ask if i could do a roller set. how bad would that have been if i said sure i do them and shampoo their hair and get them ready for the set only to find out i had no rollers!!! that would have been a hot mess ... lol lol 

heatherdazy
Silver Member

Posted: Friday, November 13, 2009 1:16:26 PM
I agree with pixanne!

But while I'm surprised they don't have rollers, I have to say, the only time I've ever used rollers in the salon in five years is for wedding/prom and those were hot rollers.

Besides, you can always cheat and use pincurls! Most 'wash and set' clients have short enough hair so it's not a PITA to just pincurl it.