Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Anyone else ever feel like this?
Posted By:
Posted By:christy75 on: 12/12/2009 6:33:48 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Anyone else ever feel like this?
christy75

Anyone else ever feel like this?
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:33:48 PM
Lately, I just have been feeling like I'm not doing hair good enough. I think I have really high standards and do a good job, but I worry that my hand positioning isn't perfect, or that I don't 'finish' well enough. It's starting to affect my confidence. Yesterday, I had a color client with 50% grey and I totally forgot to add the NN! What is wrong with me?!
I should add that I have only been licensed since summer '07 and I took time off to have a baby, who is teething at home with daddy who has a terrible back.
I am saving money to attend the Tigi Academy in Santa Monica and I signed up to be able to watch haircutting videos at myhairdressers.com so I hope that I can chalk it up to inexperience and hope to continually improve.

Just needed to vent...

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 6:55:52 PM
sometimes you have to try to stay focused on your work, and stay in the moment with each client. it's easy to get distracted by others in the salon, or by your personal life, but each client deserves your full attention. if you feel you are not finishing well, push yourself to go the extra mile while you are doing the finish, instead of berating yourself later for a poor job.there is a free webinar at hairdesignertv at 8pm, check it out!

russnyc
Platinum Member

I think...
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 4:00:35 AM
I think maybe you don't have any support system at your salon. I work with a team of individuals that not only spot potential trouble, but offer an affirming resource of information and support.

Secondly, if you can't cover 50% grey without using NN series, the color isn't worth the tube they put it in. We've been coloring WITHOUT NN for many years. Use this product sparingly because it can be too flat or dark, or create rings. It's really meant for stubborn grey and unless your application is sloppy you shouldn't need it.

You can take every class under the sun but unless you are well experienced you should find a group of people that inspire and motivate you to do your best.

Russ H. Colorist at the Roy Teeluck Salon 57th & Madison Avenue, Manhattan NYC "There are no ugly women, only lazy ones." -Helena Rubenstein