Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > need advice please!!!!!!!
Posted By:
Posted By:mslynn on: 1/10/2010 5:38:51 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: need advice please!!!!!!!
mslynn

need advice please!!!!!!!
Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2010 5:38:51 PM
i have a lady i dearly love and have done her hair for many years, she had a stroke last year. now her son has to bring her for her appts. he has always been late for everything. she was always 20 min. early, never failed. i have talked to him about this, i can understand this if it happens occasionally. every week he is at least 15-20 min. late. he knows it upsets me, it makes me late for other clients, or if i have another appt. elsewhere. he always blames it on her or the traffic. i talked to her this week and told her i needed to speak with him about this, she seened upset. i think she knows how hot-headed he is. he would just refuse to bring her. she is one of my favorite clients. i am wits end on how to handle this problem. i hate to lose her because she is so special to me. please help, anyone, thanks

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2010 6:20:11 PM
tell him the appointment is 1/2 hour earlier than it is,then they will arrive right on time!

Humberto
Bronze Member

Posted: Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:29:01 PM
Great advice from Pixanne1

mslynn

need advice
Posted: Monday, January 11, 2010 3:01:04 PM
thanks for answering me, but i have already tried the 30 min. early thing. he just pretends it never happened. he is definatly a control freak, he is an emt, i want to ask him if he were on call and i was injured, would he be 15 min. late. then i am sure this would tick him off. i probably will end up doing that anyway.

blondebarber

Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:16:10 PM
When you do your rebooking, very clearly, firmly & politely state.
" I've scheduled your mother for 10:00 am next Monday for her set, I know you've had some trouble getting her on here on time, so I've written the time down on a card for you. My schedule has become so full that I would hate for her to be late and I couldn't accept her and have to reschedule.Please call me if there's a problem."

See if that helps.

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 1:20:44 PM
you may have to refuse to do her next time, just so the mother gets mad at her son,and then it will stop! he knows you'll take her, so he gets passive aggressive with you.

mslynn

need advice
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:51:00 PM
thanks to all of you for your help, i will try these.