Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > I Feel like i have no direction -Advise Pleaseeeee!
Posted By:
Posted By:chelle1011 on: 2/12/2010 5:30:16 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: I Feel like i have no direction -Advise Pleaseeeee!
chelle1011

I Feel like i have no direction -Advise Pleaseeeee!
Posted: Friday, February 12, 2010 5:30:16 PM

So i have been doing hair for about five years now, i was working for a very upscale salon, where i was some what happy and making ok money. Due to the way the economy is i choose to make a career change, i at the time wanted more of the 9-5 job. Now a year later im looking to get back into doing hair not only because i miss it so much but i kno it is something i am very good at!  Im on a mission trying to find the right salon for me but i really myself getting pulled  in tons of directions. Im stressed because i feel like there is no salon close to my house that meets my standers. I have always worked in a big well known salon that charges alot of money for cuts, but wants me to be an assistant.Im at the point were i feel im ready to be at the next level capable of styling hair .I need help deciding weather i should stick to my standers and hope to one day be successful and suck up the commute! or go local where the hair cuts are cheaper then the blowdries at my previous salon, but no commute. i just feel in order for me to learn from the best i need to be some where in the city or westchester . any suggestions or advise!!! my minds going crazy .i want to one day own my salon. also if i go to a bigger salon its departmentalized, if i go to a small cheaper salon i can do both.....

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, February 15, 2010 3:42:30 PM
at this point, i say go for whichever place is hiring! maybe you can work in a salon part time and keep your reliable 9-5 job until you are booked up enough to go full time. it all depends on what you want your career in hair to be like. if you think you can cut it in a big salon, go for it. if you feel you'd rather be comfortable in a local place, go for it. nobody knows but you.