Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Is this whole week a full moon?
Posted By:
Posted By:blondebarber on: 3/5/2010 12:24:56 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Is this whole week a full moon?
blondebarber

Is this whole week a full moon?
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 12:24:56 PM
I've been yelled at twice, once for accepting women in my barber shop, of which, I happen to be one, and then yesterday because a walk in couldn't get his hair cut right then and there. Today, I had a client walk out because she didn't want to pay just $35 for a retouch and 8 additional foils, she actually thought I was ripping her off.

Anyone else have a week like this?

jadekitty
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 8:24:31 PM
Yeah, it was last Sunday. This week was when all the government cheques came out, so all the nut jobs have cash.
Gotta wonder if these people walk into the doctor, or dentist, or plumber, with no appointment and yell at them for now being able to take them right that second? I guess we should be explaining to the client in the chair that they have to leave, someone IMPORTANT is wanting a haircut? Sigh. Why does this profession seem to attract this kind of behaviour?
Chin up. Next full moon isn't until the 29th of the month. Unfortunately, right around cheque time again...
"Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you're up to."

blondebarber

Posted: Saturday, March 06, 2010 11:28:00 AM
Thanks, I needed the chuckle. If it's not a full moon til the 29th, I should have a relatively peaceful week or two,lol.

mslynn

full moon
Posted: Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:02:23 AM
thanks for reminding me of the full moon. i wondered why i was dealing with nut cases this week. i truly beleive this theory, it is strange that when people are behaving strange , that you can check the calender and low and behold the moon is full!!!!blondebarber just hang in there. this profession is very educational and also very exciting. some days are still very frustrating, but overall the good over rules the bad ones. i cannot see myself doing anything other than what i have done for the past 24 years. you will meet a lot of interesting people along the way. i do agree with the person that said smile it makes people wonder what you are up too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang in there, it is worth it!!