Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > she cried!
Posted By:
Posted By:cosmojenn on: 3/19/2010 11:06:07 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: she cried!
cosmojenn

she cried!
Posted: Friday, March 19, 2010 11:06:07 PM
well today was one of the worst fears realized.  I have been at this salon for a week, and today, i take a womans haircut who has a picture picked out.  I cut it the best i can, she takes one look and starts crying, saying "what happened" and freaking out.  I felt like a complete moron!!  I felt horrible and wanted to walk out and go back to my factory job and never cut hair again.  She looked as if she were going to have a panic attack.  I was mortified and embarressed.  This is my first job and I know I lack skills in my cutting, and wonder how many more women will i have to make cry, before this becomes second nature to me??  Ive wanted this career all my life and now its here I failed miserably today.  It has to get better...right???

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 5:54:03 AM

it will get better, as long as you make sure to learn from what happened, and try to up your skills. take some continuing ed in a hands on workshop setting so you can get the one on one type of haircutting ed that you need to feel more confident. practice makes perfect!

what was done to remedy the situation?

ps- if you really don't think you are ready to be behind the chair, start out as an assistant in a salon that offers education and advancement.

cosmojenn

Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:23:17 PM

another stylist was able to give her a few layers here and there and that calmed her down.  its a chain salon so they offer classes and im going next month.  I had a better day today and went well.  thank you

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:49:26 PM
glad you feel better today