Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Can Anybody relate...please help me
Posted By:
Posted By:georgesmom on: 4/1/2010 3:15:21 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Can Anybody relate...please help me
georgesmom

Can Anybody relate...please help me
Posted: Thursday, April 01, 2010 3:15:21 PM
I have been working in the same salon foe 8 years.  I am a descent hairdresser, but I feel as though I am not living up to my potential here.  By this I mean I am rather intimidated by the whole WALK IN concept of the salon.  I want a more stable clientelle, and days that are planned, not decided on the spur of the moment..for example when a coworker cut a customers hair 6 months age, and now you are next person to cut their hair, 6 mos. later, and they cant be specific on how it was cut or even how they wear it.  I mean for God's sake i can"t read your mind.  I give thorough consultations, but sometimes you just can't get an answer. Anyways this happened to me the other day, I did a cut, and yes I played it safe (meaning I didnt do major cutting...I just slightly trimmed it). Low and behold the customer calls today and wants the previous person to re cut it.  Things like this make me doubt myself and feel inadequate.  I am in the process of making plans to leave and have my own shop at home..I feel as though I will be much happier having MY clients with MY previous cuts, and if they are in MY shop I guess that means they are happy with MY work. The walk in thing doesn't cut it with me, I don't like that atmosphere, ANYONE RELATE...Thanks, Jen

emdee

feel your pain
Posted: Saturday, April 03, 2010 6:20:00 PM
i know exactly how you feel! at the salon i work at it happens like that too! i dont have a lot of patience with kids that dont act like they got some sense ive had kids to have nose bleeds had to deal with puke and one kid spat on me continiously and kicked and screamed! seems like people dont understand that there is more than one way to do something and i ve had a lot of people complain bc they think i did bad, and as much it wasnt your fault or someone decides they want somethin free, it makes you feel worthless and i always think maybe i just need to give it up! your own shop sounds awsome you can create the enviroment with the respect you deserve!