Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Anyone feel like they picked the WRONG school?
Posted By:
Posted By:Laurenlinne on: 4/6/2010 1:05:35 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Anyone feel like they picked the WRONG school?
Laurenlinne

Anyone feel like they picked the WRONG school?
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:05:35 PM

The shampoo bowls have mold, were always out of product, we have FOOD FOILS for hilights, our director has NO cosmetology expierence at all. In Fact her previous job was a director of a construction company! We cant use color on our dolls. Or chairs stations and floors are beat up and old. The list goes on and on. Im constantly wondering where my tuition money is giong because It is OBVIOUSLY not going to my school or my education. We have had multiple instructors and directors in the 10 months i've been there! It's just absolutly aweful! Does anyone else ever feel like this? Or is it just us poor idiots that signed up for marinello?

tinyshears

Posted: Saturday, April 10, 2010 12:40:14 AM
Which Marinello's are you going to? I graduated from the one in Ontario. Back then, we had to pay 17,600. Honestly, I regret it. If I could turn back time, I'd go to Vidal Sassoon. Marinello only teaches you how to pass stateboard. It's not worth the money. Sassoon is more money but it's worth every penny. 17,600 for Marinello was not worth it. Seriously, you don't need 10 months to learn how to pass stateboard. I've had to take so much advanced education to make up for it ...and advanced education isn't cheap! If you don't have a lot of hours yet, see if you can transfer.