Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Annoyed with employee
Posted By:
Posted By:Kimberly27 on: 4/19/2010 4:39:01 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Annoyed with employee
Kimberly27

Annoyed with employee
Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 4:39:01 PM
Not sure how to handle this situation and unfortunately just stewing about it for now. About a year ago I started working 2 evenings a week in my husbands salon to fill in for an incompetent employee who no one wants to fire (this annoys me as is) Anyway last week our manager was in a major car accident so I stepped up working over 40 hrs managing the salon myself. 3 days into this ordeal I had one of my operators call me off hours and proceeded to chew me out for 20 mins because the radio in the salon was fading in and out the night before. Then she proceeds to rant about how her customers aren't rebooking and somehow this is my problem. The problem actually started when she went from working 4 days to 2 days in order to be home with her children and now her clients aren't able to book unless its like 3 wks out and they are pissed. I really wanted to tell this woman to f-off but bit my tongue apologized professionally and told her we would work on the problems together. Did I do the right thing...should I have given her a piece of my mind??

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, April 19, 2010 6:41:58 PM
unfortunately, you are 'standing in' as manager. i would definitely pass the info along to her full time boss when the occasion arises, or talk to your husband(he owns the salon right?) about her inappropriate taking it out on you phone call.you were right to remain professional, never go head to head with an employee..you should always be the mature one!without getting ugly though you could let her know that you are the temporary manager, that she needs to look at her schedule if clients are inconvenienced, they will move on, and you are not to be called at home ever.