Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > did wedding at clients house, who gets to keep the money?
Posted By:
Posted By:kerisnedeker on: 8/1/2010 3:38:48 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: did wedding at clients house, who gets to keep the money?
kerisnedeker

did wedding at clients house, who gets to keep the money?
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2010 3:38:48 PM

salon client referred a friend to a stylist in her salon for a wedding party. stylist asked for my help and to pick her up and drive 30 min away to clients home. when we finished the owner called and said we needed to give him the money and he would decide how much we get to keep. owner provided one curling iron and a few products. do i give him the money???

JennaJon

Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2010 7:12:59 PM

no you dont owe him anything .. assuming you were not supposed to be working at the  salon the hours it took to do the wedding job and the owner did not discuss any money with the bride  or whoever from her family that would be paying the bill you owe him nothing .. now if you wanna keep your job  thats a different story .. in that case you need to have a talk with him and tell him you will control the split ..since you and your friend did the work .. but dont give him anything and let him decide what you will get for your time your gas and your talent .. a curling iron  is about 50 bucks at the very best top of the line add some hairspray and bobby pins .. maybe .. big maybe ..another 20 bucks ..dont let this guy bully you but also look at the big picture .. do you like  your job ?.. my advice for the future buy ya own products and keep the jobs you do on the side quiet ..  sadly  trust no one .. i wish you luck  

kerisnedeker

thanks
Posted: Sunday, August 01, 2010 7:41:48 PM
thanks jennajon for the advice. yah it was my day off and i had to pay for a babysitter, i told him i would give him $50 which more than covered everything he provided. i had atleast 10 hairdresser friends say i get to keep the money. i relocated to this salon 3 months ago after careful consideration before contacting my clientelle and he has been very good to me so far. he said we will talk on tuesday. i think he probably got advice from others and has had time to think about it all.
ks

gd
Gold Member

Posted: Monday, August 02, 2010 12:03:14 PM
If you used the salons products and equipment or the salon was involved at all, the money goes to the salon. The compensation you were to recieve should have been straightened out and discussed BEFORE you did the wedding not after.

kerisnedeker

hey
Posted: Monday, August 02, 2010 1:48:20 PM
OH REALLY GD????? Your telling me that for the past 20 years that salons never even questioned me as to how much money i made doing outside wedding was wrong?? lets say ive done 100 weddings and kept the money everytime!! every house call, i kept the money!! The owner wasnt the one who asked for my help, it was another stylist. The clients have never been in the salon, they were all from out of town. Seems like every post you make is against the stylist. ps you were the only person who i got advice from who felt that way, sorry buddy, majority rules!!
ks

heatherdazy
Silver Member

Posted: Monday, August 02, 2010 8:16:43 PM
I agree that if this appointment was in any way booked through the salon, using salon equipment, etc, that the money goes to the owner and you get commission and I agree that the issue of payment should have been sorted out before hand.

GD knows a lot about the business, so there was really no need for you to be rude to him just because you didn't like his (correct) answer.

lizstyles

COMMISION THE MONEY
Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 12:22:14 AM
I AGREE... IF YOU BOOKED IT USED YOUR OWN STUFF YOU GET THE MONEY...IF SALON OWNER SUPPLIED THE SUPPLIES ITS THE OWNER MONEY...SORRY

gd
Gold Member

Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 10:26:35 AM
Sorry you did not like my answer to your question. I thought you were asking for advice. If you knew the answer, why were you asking?