Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > 1 year in & wondering what's normal...?
Posted By:
Posted By:Nerol on: 12/6/2010 8:38:30 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: 1 year in & wondering what's normal...?
Nerol

1 year in & wondering what's normal...?
Posted: Monday, December 06, 2010 8:38:30 PM
2 years ago, I left a career as a successful office manager to pursue a lifelong passion. 1 year ago, I graduated from a high end cosmetology school with honors. 10 months ago, I was offered an apprenticeship at a high end salon in my city.
4 months ago I was fast tracked & given my 1st chair...

To make a long story short, I love the industry, what I do, am a bit of an overachiever,and want to build a successful career.

Building a client base has been far more challenging then I expected & I need advice...

I am only seeing 2 new clients a week at the salon & am barely making minimum wage through commission. Is this normal in the current economy & if not what can I do to build my books & experience level?

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, December 06, 2010 10:40:12 PM
sounds like you are doing great as far as moving up, keep on improving your skills, try to see to it that your clients prebook, and get referrals from them as much as possible. the best way to build is by word of mouth from happy clients telling their circle about how great you are. be as consistently good as you can!it does take time, and you are on the right track.