Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > how would you handle this client??
Posted By:
Posted By:hairbysar on: 5/5/2011 11:07:17 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: how would you handle this client??
hairbysar

how would you handle this client??
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:07:17 PM
Today I had a very difficult client. After her service she decided that she was not satisfied with her color, which, no problem, I stand by my work and will bend backwards to make sure that my guests are happy. I told her to go home give it a couple of days and if she really still didn't like it (and it was GORGEOUS) then we would brighten it a little bit more. She got home and called she salon demanding a refund as she does not have time to come back and get it fixed. She complained of our terrible customer service and lack of professionalism, when everyone at our salon is committed to excellence, and pride ourselves on it. We offered her a gift certificate and multiple times said we would do whatever we needed to do to make her happy, but she still decided a refund was her best solution. This is something that has never happened in my 7 years in this industry and it's really got me shook up. What should I do in this situation?

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Friday, May 06, 2011 6:13:21 AM
hopefully you have a policy in place for this type of situation, and you should stand by it. if it is not your policy to give refunds for services rendered, then inform her of that and offer her the options again.if there was no gross error, just a difference of opinion on the final result, that can be re colored at no charge, but that is it. she's fishing for a freebie, and if she chooses not to take the time to have it corrected, it must not be all that bad.let her go.

keiferkat
Bronze Member

Posted: Saturday, May 07, 2011 7:40:18 PM
Sounds like she wants a freebie. I don't think she can be pleased. I would let her go. There are some crazy people out there. Don't be too hard on yourself. You sound like you have excellent customer service. You did all that you could do.