Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > HELP!!!
Posted By:
Posted By:daniellew508 on: 5/27/2011 10:15:34 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: HELP!!!
daniellew508

HELP!!!
Posted: Friday, May 27, 2011 10:15:34 AM
Graduating from cosmetology school soon and I don't know what my next step should be...I want to put most of my energy towards hair color. I want to soak up everything!!! The problem is I live in a small town with big dreams of becoming one of the best color stylist in the Midwest. I want to do an apprenticeship under someone in a up scale salon in Chicago but my family thinks I need to get some experience for someone to hire me! Is this true? Plus the standard of living is through the roof... Please help me.

keiferkat
Bronze Member

Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:39:04 AM
If I were starting over....I would get experience at Regis or JC Penny's! After saving money and getting experience then check out Salons by being a customer first. Like a secret shopper. Every owner will be different. You can be a success any where you live! There are bigger cities closer to home. You could go to the salon you want to work with an schedule an interview and see what they require. Be yourself. Dress up. Suits would not turn me off if that is what you want to wear. Jeans and a t shirt would...There are so many personalities out there. You need to find one you mesh with. I love stylists that have enthusiasam! And are willing to listen and learn.