Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > What to do?!
Posted By:
Posted By:HairByRachael on: 6/17/2011 12:44:19 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: What to do?!
HairByRachael

What to do?!
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 12:44:19 PM
When I first started at the salon I am at now everything was fantastic. Its a very small salon and with just the owner and myself and another girl who only works one day a week. I am not one to take off work much except in the summer I like to take a few Saturdays off and its only when I have something important going on. I have been doing hair for 5 years and in those 5 years I have NEVER taken a vacation. Maybe an extra day off here or there but never left to just go somewhere. Last week my bf and daughter went to the beach for a week and when I came back my boss had done a complete 180. She said I was no longer aloud to take any Saturdays off and or days during the week in the summer. Mind you summer is my slow time of year and I never take off any other time of the year. So she is now expecting me to not go on an overnight trip to Michigan the end of July that has been planned since December and is also telling me I cannot be in my friends wedding next month either! What do I do? She has already booked me those two Saturdays I am to be gone. I have tired talking to her but she says that she is to busy and cant afford for me to miss anymore days. On top of all of this, her granddaughters stay with her in the summer and she has been expecting me to do their hair for FREE while I could be doing other clients. She had me color one of the girls hair yesterday and I missed out on two walk-in colors.