Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > sometimes you just have to let them go
Posted By:
Posted By:georgesmom on: 7/28/2011 10:52:37 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: sometimes you just have to let them go
georgesmom

sometimes you just have to let them go
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2011 10:52:37 AM
Ya know those annoying clients that you have done more than enough to please them, and they still aren't happy? well I had a client that begged me to help her get  her bleach fried hair back in shape. I made my recommendations, fully explaining that the color i wanted to use was not as deep coverage as traditional color, it is organic and has a more translucent coverage, and may even require color service more often, but it will NOT damage the hair. also making clear that the grey coverage was also more translucent ( I myself have grey hair and use the color...it is beautiful...but different) Her main concern was the condition of the hair, first she loved it, told everyone how wonderful it is, and how great her hair felt, (and it did look better) She had a special event she was working all of this up to and she wanted her hair to be perfect so we were going to freshly color it beforehand....no call....no call...hmmm must have gotten it done somewhere else, when i did get a chance to ask her I get " that color just wasn't working on my greys, i had no idea til she( a different hairdresser) showed me how it wasn't covering my greys!  I just can't use that color anymore, i need a different color....WOW!! Um excuse me, were you not present when we discussed this when you were in my chair?!!We discussed the options, and i even told her we could always use the traditional color if necessary! mind you the "other hairdresser" just happens to be an X-coworker of mine who seriously never has a conversation without bashing "someone"....this is why i decided to go on my own and work by myself....I don't do gossip. and I don't cut throats...it's really tacky and totally unprofessional...and any normal well-rounded client doesn't want to hear it!!  I guess my point is, I hate to lose the money, but sometimes you just have to cut your losses and realize whats best in the long run, besides, any client who trashes former hairdressers will surely do it to you too! and Hairdressers who slam other hairdressers are headed for disaster...NONE of us are perfect and the day you think you know it all is the day you should hang it up!...Longer than I planned, but I had to vent...THANKS!