Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Seeking advice from experienced stylists
Posted By:
Posted By:lifesnotchess on: 10/31/2011 11:37:36 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Seeking advice from experienced stylists
lifesnotchess

Seeking advice from experienced stylists
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 11:37:36 PM
I am writing this post because I am seeking advice from stylists that have a lot of experience in this industry. I have been licensed and working for a little over two years now. The first year I spent working in a major city in a fashion forward salon with stylists that were very talented and inspiring...the second and current year I have moved to a small town and am working for a discounted corporate type walk in chain. I feel very unhappy and uninspired at my current job but don't have much clientele that would allow me to work in a private salon. I have tons of extended education, motivation and ideas that I am unable to express at my current job. I feel incredibly underpaid, misunderstood and unappreciated. My coworkers are not at all passionate about what they do. The problem I am having is that I am planning to relocate again in less than 2 year and it seems silly to work so hard to try to get into a private/different salon and make that work. The company I work for is a large corporation and I could be provided with many transfer opportunities which could be helpful in this economy. I do receive education at my current job and a guaranteed wage...I just am tired of the low compensation and bad/no tips. What would any of you do in this situation? I partially feel bad for complaining because I have a job and so many people are unemployed these days. What are ways you suggested I stay inspired in such an uninspiring enviroment? Any thoughts, comments or similar situations for feedback would be appreciated.