Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Crazy Client
Posted By:
Posted By:StylistK on: 1/23/2012 8:32:30 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Crazy Client
StylistK

Crazy Client
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 8:32:30 AM

I live in a small southern town where Regis is king. There aren't a lot of options, as far as employment, so I took a job inside of a Walmart. I have been doing hair for 3 years, and yes, this salon isn't the most glamorous, but hey, for where I live, it's not that bad.

The other day I had a client who wanted 3inches off her length and some long layers. As I was cutting her length she said that she had just moved here and had to "settle" for this salon. She then told me that her old stylist was very advanced and he would pull her hair up and cut it.. (like this was some new fancy special thing) I had to keep myself from laughing in her face. Clearly I hadn't even gotten to the layers yet. But she really thought that pulling the hair up and cutting it was some "high end" thing.

Anyway, thanks to my calm personality and good sense of humor, I made it through the haircut without being completely offended. When I did start the layers, she freaked out and told me not to cut it to short... she was basically insinuating that I couldn't pull her hair up, or she assumed that because of where I work I am uneducated, or ignorant, or who knows. It's kind of funny because I grew up in a big city, have even worked at Major hair shows, and always continue my education. 

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, January 23, 2012 11:34:48 AM
hopefully, you won her over in the end, clients get weird when they are unsure. but i'm sure you did a great job and put her fears to rest. i hope she not only comes back, but recommends you to others. try not to get defensive, and let your work tell the story.