Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > advice please?...
Posted By:
Posted By:mydreams on: 2/12/2012 7:44:59 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: advice please?...
mydreams

advice please?...
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:44:59 AM
Will anyone help me out ? I'm freaking out about my first salon job, I feel depressed and lonely like I'm just being thrown out there like lost puppy. I'm honestly not happy...what do I do any advice from anyone...please?

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:41:22 PM
can you be more specific? are you anxious because you are inexperienced, or are you renting without clients, or in a bad salon environment? we can try to help you if we know what's happening. meanwhile, take a breath, we all started out without knowing half of what we know now.

mydreams

Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 8:37:34 AM
I felt like i was inexperienced I just freak out and the other girls just tell me to calm down everyone's been there and we all learn by working... I just have always been so panicky about things and i just wish i new way more than what I'm starting out as

pixanne
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:15:28 AM
it is true that you learn by doing,and as you get more comfortable with all of the new things you are doing you will become more sure of yourself, and more confident with your ability.is there anyone there at work who would mentor you, or help you after hours to learn some techniques?my advice to you would be to get some more education via hands-on workshops, and ask for help with things you are unsure about, in the off times, not when the client is in your chair. give yourself credit for what you have already accomplished, and keep on practicing what you have learned. use mannequins at home to get more comfortable with cutting or whatever you feel most anxious about. dealing with people's personalities and trying to figure out what you need to do to execute a service is a lot of stress, so do what you can to become good at one or both of those skills .people skills go a long way to make clients happy, and to break the ice, which cuts down on your stress levels as well.cut yourself a break and keep on working at it. you will be fine.