Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Haircolor > Enzyme developers
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:27:44 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: Enzyme developers
bubbles

Posted: Friday, June 06, 2003 7:59:00 AM
Recently a rep approached me about Trionics enzyme developers. Supposedly there is no hydrogen peroxide and is formulated with enzymes that are better for the hair. The rep even put his finger in the bottle and licked it,(Gross, but true) to prove it was not harmful. I have use the one called "Lift Thru" with bleach when foiling, and it lifts exactly like using a 30 or 40 vol. I am hesitant to mix it with my colors for gray coverage. Any input would be helpful.

lotzamoola50@aol.com

Posted: Saturday, June 07, 2003 6:04:00 PM
Mix color w the enzyme dev and try on your own hair, it's the best test. I have used enzymes with satisfactory results. Have not used on clients because I don't know the shelf life of the stuff and what I have someone gave me several months ago. I found no odor, no burn, good results. I am curious myself about how well the stuff works. FRancesca

hues4you
Platinum Member

Posted: Sunday, June 08, 2003 11:35:00 AM
Just remember hydrogen peroxide is safe for the mouth too. You see it in a lot of toothpastes and you can rinse your mouth with it - it is anticeptic. H2O2 is acid in nature.

Cindy Farr Hester, BCH
Haircolor with Cindy
BTC Sunday nites

Bill Hays

Posted: Monday, June 09, 2003 9:42:00 PM
"Enzyme" developers have been around at least since the 80's. They claim that because they have no peroxide, they will process color in half the time when low heat is applied. Guess what: I've been processing color in half the time with low heat using ordinary peroxide since the 70's!! And now, with the use of color additives like TCA, you can process in one-fourth the time.

lotzamoola50@aol.com

Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 5:08:00 AM
Does anyone out there knwow the shelf life of those enzyme dev?. Since they don't burn, the finger test is not a good way to go.

Anonymous

Posted: Friday, June 13, 2003 6:36:00 PM
hydrogen peroxide is not the damaging product in the formula, as is the ammonia, or alkalinity of the product. Don't be afraid of H2O2. Why are we always trying to hurry things up? Sometimes speed can be a bad thing!

kalogan

Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 5:46:00 PM
we have used the trionics enzyme developers im our salon for over a year and i think they are great. i saw an improvement in a new client who had a very high lift tint previously at another salon, when i started using the enzymes in her color, the hair is more shiny and healthy looking.we don't worry about shelf life because we use it so much.

lotzamoola50@aol.com

Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2003 6:55:00 PM
I am really enjoying the enzyme dev, too. Finding the hair is in much nicer conditon, clients are not complaining of smell or burn. Still want to know the shelf life, since I have several bottles someone gave me.

Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2003 6:17:00 PM
Exactly how are these developers used i saw a girl at work using it

Brian

Posted: Friday, June 27, 2003 9:23:00 AM
I use the Trionics developers now and they are amazing. They don't go bad, ever! It's even good to loosen the cap and let them breath a little. I have been using these products for over a year now and I won't touch peroxide ever again. Trionics has other products besides developers that are amazing also. Once you start using their Booster product you won't ever give it up.

These are really great products made by a company who really cares about the safety of hair stylists. I don't speak for them, I don't sell this stuff, I just believe in it.

How would you like to be able to lift hair higher then any peroxide color, leave the cuticle intact, and do it in less time. What if I told you that the color line you're using now is perfect. Use it! Trionics works with all color lines.
Seriously, enzyme based developers will be the future of hair coloring. Try a bottle with your favorite high lift or bleach highlights, and be prepared to be amazed!

It's tricky finding it, usually you'll have to have it shipped from Nevada or Kansas. The number for the rep in Las Vegas is 702-733-9894, her name is Denise.
I've dealt with three or four sources for these products and she's by far the best. You're also welcome to call me and chat about the products. 702-274-6389
I've also got information on my site. www.nvstudio.com

frayedends

i really like this product, yet i'm wondering...
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 9:23:26 PM

I am wondering if they mix well with fusions and gels.  I am a total Redken ***** and find it difficult to take the plunge, we  just finally switched from koleston and it worked great with that will it do the same with redken

frayedends

i really like this product, yet i'm wondering...
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2004 9:23:49 PM

I am wondering if they mix well with fusions and gels.  I am a total Redken ***** and find it difficult to take the plunge, we  just finally switched from koleston and it worked great with that will it do the same with redken

irishroyal
Bronze Member

Posted: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:46:21 PM

All enzyme developers are, are unstable hydrogen peroxide.

That being said, all color lines have certain dyes that connect or link up with the hrdrogen peroxide and they are made with linking hands, so it's vitally important to use the same peroxide that the company dyes are from. To use something else can cause fadeage, and you don't get the richness of tone.

I think the 5000 scientists at L'Oreal know what they atre doing, so I really don't understand why stylist try and use something different.

If the color you are using has what's called a dedicated developer- use it and nothing else. - Mags Kavanaugh

floraform

I LOVE IT!
Posted: Saturday, June 02, 2012 7:38:55 AM
We have been using the higher and higher developer with our pre-lightener Oxycur for a couple years now. I have done test strands side by side with 40 volume developer and hands down Trionics wins! .. The cuticle doesn't get all blown out and somehow it lifts without that "raw" look that you normally get from exposed underlying pigment... it looks much more controlled. I wish that I could find an educator to come in and explain what makes it work!