Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Haircolor > V-light bleach
Posted By:
Posted By:BTCAdmin on: 9/3/2004 4:28:45 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: V-light bleach
Junie Jones

Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2004 10:27:00 PM
I'd like some feedback on Matrix's V-light....the good, the bad, and the so-so! Does anyone use Light Reactions bleach? I really like it but then again, I haven't tried many other lighteners. Thanks for any and all feedback!
~junie

icolorhair
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 12:56:00 AM
I've been using it & it's quite nice. Seems a more controlled lift.

Alice

Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 4:49:00 AM
V-light is a good bleach if you have plenty of time.I find it slower.I still like LaBleache the best of all I have used.

Anonymous

Posted: Friday, March 19, 2004 8:16:00 PM
The Good, the product is wonderful for providing lift quickly to any hair. The bad, well is smells like poop. For the so-so, I don't know what that means. Thanks!

Heather

Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 3:54:00 PM
I personally LOVE new Matrix V-light. It lifts up to 7 levels, it's very fast (especially under heat) (obviously), and it has protecting pathenols in it to coat and protect the hair while processing. Let's put it this way: I have a regular client natural level 6A, and she likes beautiful, almost white, blond highlights and after I foil it, I can have her under a preheated dryer for only 8 minuets........no, I am not kidding,... really!. It's amazing! It's on or off scalp, and I've found that with 10 vol, it will process in proportion to my Paul Mitchell "the color" perfectly. It's well worth trying!

Alice

Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2004 6:34:00 PM
be careful using heat,Heather.It isn't recommended by Matrix. They say it kills the conditioning effects of the bleach.

michelle

Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 7:51:00 AM
Heather Matrix states right on the Vlight container NOT to use heat. Why would you ignore the manufactures recommendation just to speed up the process?If any damage is incurred you're wide open for a lawsuit and rightly so.

Heather

Posted: Monday, March 22, 2004 3:48:00 PM
Let me clarify something: I should have never mentioned (and was not promoting) heat with the v-light. As hair color professionals it is our responsibility to make the good, and proper judgments of our clients hair, and I do. This particular client's hair is virgin.....never permed or colored, only a few highlights around the face. When I do our retouch, I do roots only. And with 10 vol, on virgin hair, I hardly think a few minuets under the dryer will hurt. Not condoning it, just giving my experience with it. I do NOT put all my clients under the dryer, just a very few scenerios. As I said with color and highlights, you would process at 10 vol, room tempt. In all the years I have been doing hair, I have never misjudged or damaged a clients hair. That is why my client list is as long as it is. I see your concern and I appreciate your feedback. I think in hair we all take chances....whether we are big enough to admit it or not........that corrective color client who went somewhere else and had a bad color job done, even with a strand test, porosity, and elasticity test, we are still taking a chance "fixing" their color. Sorry about the confusion.....LOL

styles by lisa

Posted: Monday, April 26, 2004 7:55:00 PM
I really like the v-lights bleach and i use it under the heat the directions say not to but the educators due in there demo's so what does that tell you? I recently tried the redken bleach on a few clients and it is so much better then v-lights beautiful color its fast and the hair is so soft and healthy when your done i guess to some extent its personal preference my advise try redken

Anonymous

Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2004 10:06:00 PM
I would use the Logics Light Reactions before I would use VLight. Much more conditioning and smells like pina colada. Mix it with the Gel Lightener and you can use it for on or off the scalp. NO heat, but it works well when you are doing highlift color and lightener together.

Lisa

Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 7:04:00 PM
I'm looking for a new bleach to use. I have used LeBleach, but I was told they are going to stop making it. I tried vlight, it's good, but keeping my options open. I tried PM bleach. didn't blow my hair back. any suggestions? LeBleach was awsome.

carrie

Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 7:53:00 PM
I recently bought the new ionic lightener from Farouk Chi. It comes in an oil base and a powder. It lifts like v-light but is way more conditioning. I still use vlight but have been using the new Farouk a lot lately. I used it today on a highlight and it left the hair in really good condition for the amount of lifting I needed it to do. I am glad I tried it and it's nice to have another option.

Anonymous

Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 5:56:00 AM
I wonder if Logics Gel Lightner is going...Big sale going on w/ it, which more often than not means it's either being re-formulated, or dis-continued. Neither would be surprising.P.S. Any seasoned colorists remember the old Gel Lightner w/ the powdered envelopes(not the bucket) That was the best(in those days) to highlight or color correct with!

hues4you
Platinum Member

Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 7:22:00 AM
I sure hope they don't discontiue Logics Light Reactions and Gel Lightener, hopefully just a rumor. I use it for all my on the scalp bleaches and if I must do a color correction with bleach.

I remember the packets.

Cindy Farr Hester
Haircolor With Cindy
BTC Sunday Nites

sls
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 3:42:00 PM
Carrie...I purchased the Chi Lightener when I bought my Luocolor deal...am anxious to try it on my last foil weave client this evening! It sounds really good...just that the model on the cover of the lightener deal has the most awful looking blonde! LOL

color u 2
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, May 13, 2004 10:35:00 PM
A couple coworkers have used it, and I think it looks to yellow. Sort of fakish (if that's a word). I wouldn't use it on a client, I only like the Goldwell bleach.

Anonymous

Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 5:36:00 AM
Color U 2, How is the new Goldwell bleach? How does it hold up in foil?

julesb

Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 9:59:00 AM
i work for a distributor and as of now matrix has dicontinued the hybrid color, le bleach frost, light exposure off the scalp, moderations,tonz gel toner, and socolor scalp bleach. the light reactions and the gel lightener are staying.

color u 2
Bronze Member

Posted: Friday, May 14, 2004 7:36:00 PM
I haven't used the new Goldwell bleach yet. Just the old stuff. In fact, I didn't realize there was something new. I'm surprised they thought they needed to improve on an already perfect product.

Anonymous

Posted: Sunday, May 16, 2004 10:23:00 PM
The Chi lightener is wonderful -- left the hair in terrific condition and can be done quickly if necessary. I am really pleased with it.

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, May 17, 2004 7:26:00 AM
i agree-i use all of the redken lighteners, have tried the v-light too. the chi is nice-especially the creme.

marisa

Posted: Monday, May 17, 2004 3:48:00 PM
Anyone try Up 2 7 by the Redken Co. ?

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, May 17, 2004 4:30:00 PM
yes tried the Up 2 7. it's nice too although i find when i just rinse a toner through after highlighting it doesn't stain the lights as quickly as it does when i use the other lighteners. i suppose that might mean it has a conditioning effect -?-

Anonymous

Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 10:14:00 PM
V-light is the best thing it is Greattttt!

jenniscissorhands

Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2004 8:04:00 PM
I LOVE V-lights by Matrix, I went from an all over 4vr to a high lift highlighted blonde with v-lights, unfortunatley I went to another stylist in our salon who thought laBleach was superior for a retouch and I am dissapointed with my retouch to much warmth!!

FunKyHaiR

Posted: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 12:11:00 AM
I just just want to say that i just used up to 7 and its awsome!!!!! It was so neat, it felt like i was foiling a conditioner, I lifted from a level 6 to a 9 with a 20 vol, it didnt leave it brassy 9like blonde demensions), and the hair was in awsome condition. i highly recomend this bleach!

Angie

Posted: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:22:00 PM
I currently used Goldwell bleach "dust free". It's a blue based bleach. I'd like to try some of the others out there, but something comparable. I'm wondering if anyone has used Goldwell and another that is similar. Are any of these that you have mentioned "blue based" or "dust-free"? If yes, do you buy from an online supplier? If yes, who? Thanks

colNchicago

Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 10:43:00 AM
I totally agree with Color U 2. I think v-light leaves the hair looking too yellow. I used it on my sister and we both hated it. Now I have to redo it, and my sis thinks I am a moron. I am sticking with kaleidocolors-clairol. BTW-FREE samples at their website.

greisha

Posted: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 4:56:00 PM
good call colnchicago! that kaleidocolor is awesome!!! i used it once on my friend and it worked like a charm.

Anonymous

Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 3:13:00 PM
I am currently using Italy's lightening powder easily blond and have noticed when foiling on colored hair that it processes very unevenly, much quicker at the roots than at the ends, even upping the developer is still not helping. Any suggestions for a new on/off scalp lightener that my salon can switch too. I like a lightener that will lift to a pale yellow/white without alot of processing time. Thinking of possible Wella, Joico lightening powders? Any suggestions?

julie

Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 5:18:00 PM
I like Elgons Moda Bleach it tones away yellow and can be used on & off scalp. I use it with 10 vol and works great but you can use it with 20, 30 or 40 vol to speed it up.

shearhappy

Posted: Friday, July 30, 2004 6:10:00 PM
I am currently a cosmetology student and we use lots of bleach at our school i personal like the Clariol Kalidocolors since it has a built in toner in in then my second choice would be v light by matrix i like using it when i do foils cause it process without heat

jillybean

Posted: Friday, July 30, 2004 10:57:00 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't like Kaleidacolors? I find it to be way too harsh and damaging. Especially on clients who already have a colored base and need highlights. However, I find it works great on virgin dark hair.

I have some new Kydra on the way from phyto. Can't wait to try!

Anonymous

Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 4:19:00 PM
I am happy that your all courious about bleach!
If you don't try you won't succeed. In some cases as you all should know a longer process time might be needed and also a toner I repeat a toner of your choice. Platinum white,etc. A good one to keep on the shelf is wella white lady color charm old fathful and reliable for those who choose very white in full bleach outs do a little research and make a few attempts at color swatches before you apply to a human who might be very unhappy with results. Timing is everything. Purchase a manikin.... I love color...

Anonymous

Posted: Monday, August 09, 2004 8:43:00 PM
I have used Chi lightner and also V-Lite and here's my story.......i have my top layer bleached or lightned up in my hair color design. I actually have several colors in levels starting at the nape and going up to the top. bottom layer is level 4 which is my natural going up to almost pale , very pale yellow or almost white...sounds weird ... but I get alot of positve comments about it ... especially from men...the point being.....I have used Chi and V-lite ... and I can go from leve 4 to a level 12 or 13 {if there was such a level} using 40 vol. no heat, plastic bag... about 45 min. and it is awesome.... not to mention it is NOT fried at all... I think Vlite seems to be faster. But I like them both...

cricket

Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2004 11:38:47 PM
my shop just recently switched from using logics light reactions bleach to using v-light. I like both but I have noticed that v-light does have more control. logics starts off processing really fast then tapers off where as v-light processes at a steady pace. Which for me is helpful because then I can usually get the whole head done before I have to start removing foils. With the light reactions depending on how fast the persons hair pulled I would have to keep stopping to remove foils even if I was only using 10 vol. developer. My thoughts on kaleidocolors is I dont really like them for foiling. They are ok for pulling through the cap it makes it a lot faster just throw them under the dryer for 5-10 min. and they are done. I think that is very drying to the hair though and I think that it makes it harder to tell if the hair is to the desired level that you want it. I find that sometimes with kaleidocolor it looks like it will be light enough but once I rinse and dry it I find that I could have went lighter. But thats just my opinion I know a lot of people that like kaleidocolor. Back to logics and v-light the other girls in my salon dont like v-light as much as logics. They think that it doesnt pull the hair evenly but I have never had a problem with it yet. Everyone has a different preference on what you are most comfortable using.

kriztiskutz

v-lites for a retouch?
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:14:07 PM
Can i use v-lites for a highlight retouch? Not sure if i'm gonna have time to get to the supply house for color. Client is a 6 lifting to 11 with prob an inch of new growth. I would be greatful for ne help!!

mickaylal

I have never used v light
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 8:28:58 PM
but a co-worker uses it and I dont like her foils at all. Too brassy, but maybe its just her. I use Wella Blondor with great result. Anyone used Blondor and have something they like better? I love blondor, mainly because it pulls color fast and I never get bleeding. Hate bleach that swells.