Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > didnt pass state board
Posted By:
Posted By:belladonna on: 11/6/2005 4:59:39 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: didnt pass state board
belladonna

didnt pass state board
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:59:39 PM

well were do i begian myself and 4 other girls from my class went to state board ... it was stupid proof meaning we all felt confident that it was the easiset practical we had done ... our instuctor was harder on us than it was there .... any way as is said we were confident that we all had passed .. come to find out we all FLUNKED THE PRACTICAL .. we dont know how we did eveerything that was taught to us in class ... most of it had to do with sanitation .. we labled our epa bottled ultronics this is what we taught to label it as we even failed the scientific brushing i mean duuuuuuuuuuu!!! how did we go wrong ... iam so down in the dumps and embrassed i dont know what to do .. the wait to go again will probebly another 2 months ......AAAAARrrrr!!!

hues4you
Platinum Member

belladonna
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 6:47:42 PM

I know this is tough.  And you are going to retake that test and you are going to pass it.  Did all the girls from your group not pass?  This leads me to believe - that something to do with that sanitation was not done the way state board wants it done.  There is a state board book for each state that tells you how to prep and prepare for the exam I believe.  I remember a long time ago having to get one for TX, because I went to school in TN and transferred my hours to TX and actually took my text in TX.  So I needed to know what they wanted.  See if you can contact your state board and get the book.  Your hair school should have it.  They are not liking something about this sanitation thing.  Don't be embarrased.  Many great hairdressers have not passed the first time.  Go to the school and tell them - I need to know what is up with the sanitation - where did we go wrong.  They are there to help you pass the state board.  Chin up.  And let us know what you learn - ok?

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst moderator

www.behindthechair.com

belladonna

chin up
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 2:26:42 PM
thank you ... well my instructor is going to dispute the results she making a trip especially for us to see what when wrong.... All 5 of us flunked the same exact thing so its questionable?? Thanks for the incurgment iam not going to give up .... i love what i do and want to be good at ....... ty

hues4you
Platinum Member

belladonna
Posted: Monday, November 07, 2005 8:37:28 PM

Dear belladonna-

I reread your post and I understand some pratical things went wrong too.  Cosmetology school is to prep you for your state board.  I am glad that your instructor is going to go and find out what the deal is for you since their is a group of you involved, maybe their is a common demonimator here.  It could be something really minor.  In the meantime, keep learning from these boards, keep yourself involved, and soon you will have your liscence :)  Keep us informed.

Cindy Farr Hester   Asst Moderator

www.behindthechair.com

missygirl

Failed in NC
Posted: Sunday, December 04, 2005 6:50:03 PM
Sorry to hear that you failed your practical. My owner hired a girl opting to graduate with 1200 hours and to apprientice in our salon. She waited until the last possible week to take her boards assured that she would pass with no problem. She did pass her practical but failed her written three times. State board then made her pay for 200 additional hours. Needless to say she was crushed. The best advice is to practice and study every time that you can and good luck.

satori

board expectations
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 11:52:51 AM
my state has a website with a downloadable booklet outlining the requirements on the practical. I am only the fourth person from my school to take the practical and was really nervous. I had studied from the booklet the school gave me but the night before got a wild hair and looked it up online. the instructions I had were not for the current test. the haircut was completely different and some of the sanitation guidlines were off. had I not checked I might have failed. I'd reccommend checking with the state regulating agency online before taking your practical.

d reinford

not passing
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:06:10 AM
  do not let this stop you from going for the gold  I failed my test 30 years ago and went on to work for a salon for 13 years then opened my own and am now pushing being in the business 30 years I have 4 stylists working for me and we are expanding to twice are size this year  go back and the gold ring and go to the top 

hues4you
Platinum Member

d reinford
Posted: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:08:43 AM

Dear d reinford

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  We look forward to your participation.

Cindy Farr Hester Asst Moderator

sd4734

belladonna
Posted: Sunday, February 04, 2007 4:14:40 PM

Don't worry about it. I remember 25 years ago I flunked the "laws"portion of my state boards. LOL!

What a horrible experience state boards were for me! I had cut my mother's hair too short to get the dang rollers in right so I was in tears over that - not to mention I was wearing a pair of borrowed shoes that were 2 sizes too small. It was all a horrible nightmare for me. The funny part of it is that I ended up working in a dept store salon for a year before I ever got the chance to go back and retake the test! probably wouldn't get by with that these days!

25 years later...still in the business (gave up behind-the-chair about 5 years ago though...)

It will all be fine I promise!

chokks

schwarzkopf
Posted: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 10:27:38 PM

are there  somebody  who  work  with schwarzkopf professional

hues4you
Platinum Member

chokks
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 5:20:36 AM

Dear chokks

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  We look forward to your participation.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator