Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > didnt pass state board
Posted By:
Posted By:belladonna on: 11/6/2005 4:59:47 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: didnt pass state board
belladonna

didnt pass state board
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2005 4:59:47 PM

well were do i begian myself and 4 other girls from my class went to state board ... it was stupid proof meaning we all felt confident that it was the easiset practical we had done ... our instuctor was harder on us than it was there .... any way as is said we were confident that we all had passed .. come to find out we all FLUNKED THE PRACTICAL .. we dont know how we did eveerything that was taught to us in class ... most of it had to do with sanitation .. we labled our epa bottled ultronics this is what we taught to label it as we even failed the scientific brushing i mean duuuuuuuuuuu!!! how did we go wrong ... iam so down in the dumps and embrassed i dont know what to do .. the wait to go again will probebly another 2 months ......AAAAARrrrr!!!

prttynpink0320

didn't pass state boards
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:22:29 PM
Don't be embarassed about not passing. I have several girls working for me who have taken more than one try to pass their boards. First go back and study. Get support of your friends and co-workers. keep your head up and try again

hues4you
Platinum Member

belladonna
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 5:18:40 AM

Dear belladonna-

I am so sorry to hear that your group did not pass.  But please do not get discouraged.  Keep on going.  I am sure it is something minor that was not covered properly why you were in school.  Contact the school that you went to and explain that you did not pass due to sanitation and you need someone to work with you on what you did wrong.  Schools that offer financial aide are required to turn out a certain % of students to pass thier exam to keep their accreditation.  The other thing you can do is talk to someone that has recently passed and ask them how they packed up their kit and how they labeled things.  Let us know what you find out - because it will help others here.  Go back and retest ASAP.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

babyprncss24

Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 10:26:26 AM
belladonna   everything will be ok......when one of my girl friends and i took the test we packed all our stuff the night before and we did everything the same....and i passed and she had failed the same things that you did....we had done everything the same....i think that maybe the examiners might grade things differently then some of the others....anyways I just wanted to wish you THE BEST OF LUCK

AMirage
Silver Member

Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2006 4:12:05 PM

Wipe the dirt off your knee, get back on your bike and do it again! Now you have a better idea what is expected at the test, I'm sure you'll pass next time. Study this area some more. Inquiring with others who recently passed the test is a great idea.

I am sorry that you weren't fully prepared, they have become very strict in reference to sanitization, sterilization, knowledge of skin disorders, and communicable diseases. A salon needs to be kept very clean. Procedures & specific preparation's are very important. Imagine finding out 150 people who came to your salon caught TB from it. Or imagine you caught it. It's happened. The board of health keeps a close eye on our industry, I know I am tested every two years when I renew my license. I am very conscious of all this while I enjoy creating my art work.

This is but a small rock in the path you chose to take. You will come up against more obstacles, and you will deal with them too. Just pick up your chin know your not the only one this happened to, and like many before you, you'll get past it.

Good Luck....

AMirage

deann

Seriously
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007 2:14:25 PM
I do not mean to seem rude, but you had a ton of mistakes in your post.  You misspelled nine words and had alot of grammatical errors.  Maybe you read your questions, but perceived them differently.  Have you been diagnosed with a learning disorder in the past?  The oddest thing though, is that 4 from your class failed.  I am currently a new student, and this is one of my fears.  Does your school normally have a successful pass rate?  My school has a clause that if in a situation like this, or perhaps after employment, your boss does not think you are trained well, then our school will reinstruct the student at no further cost until they are sufficient.  Sorry that happened.

hues4you
Platinum Member

deann
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2007 8:59:12 AM

Dear deann

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  Not everyone is a typist, but that does not necessarily mean they have a learning disorder.  Anyways, it is very nice to have you with us.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

BRHair
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 1:35:04 PM

deann ... a little hard core, under the circumstances.  Be gentle ... please.

It is interesting, belladonna, that all 4 of you failed.  In this case, I agree with deann ... your school needs to take a really good look at that situation!  I'd think they should feel respondsible.  If nothing else, BS is supposed to earn you your license!!

deann

Stateboards
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 2:07:27 PM
I want to apologize if my post offended anyone, that was not my intention.  When I typed seriously, I literally meant it.  Our instructors advised us to let them know if we had a learning disability of any kind of sort  (even test anxiety)  so that they could make test taking more accomodating for us.  Several of us spoke up about testing, and so we cover smaller sections in our chapters so we are not so overwhelmed.  My problem is that I don't retain information well, so this helps me alot.  I just thought that might be an angle to view it at. 

BRHair
Bronze Member

Posted: Monday, April 30, 2007 2:53:19 PM

All's cool, deann ...

Hairdressers can be a sensitive lot ... we need to be delicate with one another.