Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > client service advice!
Posted By:
Posted By:stylist13 on: 2/3/2006 11:32:49 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: client service advice!
stylist13

client service advice!
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 11:32:49 PM
I have a client who as far as I can tell is going insane. I don't mean that to sound bitchy, I just have no idea what to do with her. She comes in every few months, sometimes waits as long as 6 months, and gets a weave, sometimes full, sometimes partial. I use the same formula, same line, same everything on her. She is now claiming that I have changed the formula on her and I am lying to her about it! She also screamed at my receptionist for no real reason, saying that she was trying to "cover for me". She also claims that I left her this huge root gap, which I know I didn't. I have no idea what to do to make her happy. It would actually be easier had I screwed up because at least I'd know what I need to correct! haha! Has this ever happened to
anyone? I have tried explaining this to her, and the fact that if she wants to look really BLONDE all the time she can't wait 6 months for a touch up! But that's a whole other thing... anyway, I have offered her a refund or a redo and I am pretty sure I am going to have to do the redo, any advice on talking to her and dealing with this?? thanks! I have never had a situation like this, it's quite new to me!

HairPro

Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:21:45 AM

here's my advice.  I would tell her that I am terribly sorry that she has not been happy with her latest services but if she goes that long between touchups the service is more complicated.  Since she wants to keep the color the same from visit to visit, I would let her know that if she goes 6 months between visit, her next visit will have to be considered a corrective color and will be considerably more expensive.

You may also have to rethink your formula.  Just because you are using the same formula you always have, HER hair is not the same as it always was.  She may have moved to an area with different water and it's affecting (or effecting, i always forget) her hair.  She could be on a new medication.  She could be getting more grey.  She could be using a non-water soluble shine product that is building up.  It could be dozens of things.  Take a look at her hair, ask questions and reformulate from step one.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

This post is only my opinion.  Take it or leave it.  That's what makes this country great.

TropicalDiva

Posted: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:23:09 PM
If I had a client causing that much trouble in the salon I would siimply be nice and tell her that it seems as though you cannot please her and that she would be better to try somewhere else.   It's not worth the trouble and the embarassment of others in the salon.

stylist13

thanks!
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:38:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. It turned out that she actually tried to grad our receptionist and shake her so we just gave her the money back and told her not to come back. Regardless of what I did you can't treat people the way she was. And thanks for the color advice, I did think of all of those things, about her hair changing and I was going to re-formulate if I was to re-do her hair, but it just wasn't worth it to keep her as a client.