Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > Ever just feel OFF!
Posted By:
Posted By:Chocolate Starfish on: 3/14/2006 8:48:26 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Ever just feel OFF!
Chocolate Starfish

Ever just feel OFF!
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 8:48:26 AM
Do you ever just feel OFF? That's how I've been feeling the last couple weeks. I just feel like nothing is coming to me as easy as normal. I feel unconfident, unsure, constantly questioning myself. I feel like everything is taking longer, my haircuts, color, highlights, everything. I feel like everytime I do anything I am always doing it twice, and even though the client might look good after the blowdry, I still feel like I didn't do a good job. I feel like this always happens a couple times a year. I am doing so good for about 5 or 6 months and then all the sudden, it's like I hit a brick wall and I begin to wonder if I've lost my edge. My inspiration! Is this normal for anyone else? What do you do when you feel this way? Please help me regain my love for hair!!!

Remy Blue
Bronze Member

Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 12:14:31 AM

We all get those days!

You need a vacation, some inspiration, or both.

Take a day off, not just a Sunday or Monday, which are normal, but take off a Friday and/or Saturday every 4 months. That's only three times a year.  Have some fun. You can even incorporate a class or hair show into your weekend off. Take a trip for business and pleasure.  Remember to have some fun.

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:33:35 AM

good advice Remy Blue!
  my best friend told me that one day when i was feeling really burned out.  it never dawned on me to take some 'alternative' time off!  what a blessing he was for seeing that.  it's what you need sometimes to revive yourself.

hairgoddess72

off days and burnout
Posted: Sunday, April 16, 2006 3:32:18 PM
I have been doing hair for ten years and still have days that I feel less than ON. But, I also have great days that I am so on and full of creativity and do amazing hair. I also have days that are just normal days that I do my normal thing and all is well. I think in any job some days are better than others. About every four or six months I try to hit a show or a class to fire up that creativity that I got into this business to express. It keeps me fresh and updated and my clients love hearing about new ideas that I want to try on them. It makes them feel they are getting something exclusive and updated instead of the same old thing. If I feel like I am hating my job and have just been to a class or show, I will take a day or two to myself and remind myself, Hey , I could be working at Mc Donalds with a boss and a hourly wage and no ability to do what I want when I want. I wouldn't trade this job for anything! If you can't get to a show or class, just coming to the btc website can be inspiring. Good luck.

in2msclkw

we all do
Posted: Monday, April 09, 2007 3:40:26 PM
We all have them. When I did I would take a weeks vacation and head to Key West for sun and relaxation I would go to salons and get manicures and pedicures and facials we allways forget to pamper ourselfs. Or take a weekend off and go to a spa and do a total make over and pamper yourself god knows you work hard for it. Sometimes we get so caught up in everyday life struggles we forget to take time off for ourselfs. Bet you will feel like a new women