Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > s*it happens part 2
Posted By:
Posted By:helnick on: 4/4/2006 9:16:33 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: s*it happens part 2
helnick

s*it happens part 2
Posted: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 9:16:33 PM

Luckily my reception swooped in with hand fulls of paper towels and picked up the big piles like a D-back picking up a fumble and taking for a touchdown, and by touchdown I mean back door to the dumpster. So long story longer the police and EMT took this guy out and to top it all off he whispers as he walking by me "sorry for causing all this trouble." I think the least he could have done was stay and help clean up his **** but he left never to be heard from again. I never even got a thank you card or a fruit basket or anything saying sorry I **** in your salon. People have no f***ing etiquette anymore. But in his defense I don't think Hallmark makes a card for that. Anyway I will leave you with what the bathroom looked like after he left. Picture monkeys mud wrestling, in poop.......... and a little blood.

Anyone else have a work story to top it? If so I must hear it but until then I win on the "bad day at work" thing for a while so smile and shut up your day could be worse.

***** Post edited by BTC, please no profanity on the boards.  Thank you Cindy

locksylady

**** happens
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 4:27:18 AM
Yes this has happened in our shop several times. Older people have no control over their bowels at a certain point. Whether it's meds or something else, a few older women have come in to have their regular appt. Not only does the **** happen, it also makes for a late day because you have to wait for the client to come out of the restroom. then you have to put on your hazmat suit and disinfect the whole area. The worst aprt is telling the family that the client is not able to come on their own anymore. It's a part of aging that is truly awful. Diapers or lose your independance.

habib
Silver Member

Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:47:42 AM

where is part 1?

OMG!

helnick

Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 7:56:43 AM

part 1 is on the list at this link

http://www.behindthechair.com/forum/listthreads.aspx?TID=142

mina2
Silver Member

Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 10:36:43 AM
wow.. I actually feel like I want to throw up.. Thanks for helping out with my diet today...  Well what can you do?  It's kind of sad really- this didn't happen to me, but one of my clients- long story short- did her good deed of the day by offering a ride to two elderly ladies walking down the street- looked like they were having trouble walking- turns out- one of them went in her pants and my clients car ended up smelling like someone died in there.. gross!!

habib
Silver Member

maybe this should be entitled "Age happens"??
Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:57:52 PM

Elizabeth,  can you have the technical people put part one of this story with part 2 please? thanks.

This is unbelievable........ That poor man. Poor helnick! I'm so sorry but I AM SOOOOO GLAD THIS WAS NOT ME!!! So if any one thinks they've had a bad day is right....YOU WIN! there were no trophies in the silly picture area of the smiley board...so have a draft instead. I figured that you probably did not have an appetite for the  pizza slice.

He's probably sooo mortified that he can't even contact you or remind you of this by sending you flowers...I'd send him flowers!

Sophiea
Bronze Member

Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:12:02 PM
I agree ... the poor man.  What an embarrassing thing for all of you, but especially him...Wow:(
Cheer's, Sophiea

locksylady

Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 5:35:51 PM
habib, that is so funny with the green face! 

misty
Bronze Member

Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 8:47:00 PM
This def. is a very sad thing.   THat guy is probably mortified, to say the least.  I had a woman do the same thing, I helped her get cleaned up, and walked her out to her car.  She was so embarrassed she was crying and then sent me a card to thank me in such an uncomfortable time for her.  Sorry that he ran into your salon Helnick-unfortunate on your part-but I'm sure he had no where else to go.   Let's just hope we never have to experience that!

vallygrrl
Platinum Member

Posted: Wednesday, April 05, 2006 9:13:49 PM
That would be so awful, OMG- I get ticked off at that stuff as well.  When I worked at a restaraunt the customers would sometimes do that in the restroom, and I of course had to clean it up (that was lovely) I always wondered how matter got on the floor, but I guess now I know, err thanks.  Umm that is still not nearly as bad though as it being your own salon that you have just gorgeous, but it's not picnic cleaning it up either.  Just a suggestion though, for those not good with innuendo, I would maybe put a disclaimer on your thread, due to the fact that people often eat or have coffee when they are on the net, and I'm not eating anything now but if I was, I would probaly not be eating it anymroe.lol.
As far as him not sending you anything, I do like old people, but they have an odd sense of entitlement, kind of like after living seventy-five years, I can pull out in front of you, move forward you in lines, yell at you, poop all over your floor...
I don't know if I disagree with it, but it sure does annoy me.

helnick

Posted: Thursday, April 06, 2006 9:30:04 AM
I'm not mad about iut any more, just thought is a good story to tell to my fellow stylists. Have a great day everyone. (and try to keep the floors clean)

Pammy

Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 10:04:14 AM

I had an old man do some "monkey mud wrestling" in my bathroom as well LOL He didn't leave a trail through the the salon on his way in though. His wife was a new customer to us and she was being a rightous b*tch I must say! We had a nice full place on a Saturday and she was a lady that was in her late 60's and she screamed at top volume at my experienced shampoo girl " I think it's f*cking ridiculous that you can't wash my hair without getting water in my ears!!!" I went back and got her cotton for her ears and when I later asked what was up with that  my girl told me that she kept lifting her head right up out of the basin whenever she got near her hairline and saying "don't wash my makeup off!!!" and that was when her ears would get wet. Well I was a good 45 min. into trying to get through a haircut with this lovely when her hubby comes wandering in asking to use the bathroom.  My assistant shows him the way, and an hour later he leaves and she's not far behind complaining the whole way.  The the salon fills up with this awful smell!!! My assistant comes frantically waving me toward the bathroom, monkeys mud wrestling INDEED!!!!!   And to top it all off this B*TCH comes back an hour later to complain that she thinks we overcharged her!!!!!

I almost forgot the best part she called two weeks later to try and book an appointment with me, LOL!!! 

m2
Platinum Member

Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 10:51:49 AM

hey pammy

maybe you could send her the bill for the clean up on aisle two..... is it me or are people getting weirder all the time?  ruder, less intelligent, no respect, no common sense...ad nauseum.

Pammy

Clean up on Aisle 2
Posted: Monday, May 08, 2006 11:23:04 AM
I would loved to have sent her the cleaning bill LOL The look on my assistant's face was priceless, Nauseated Bambi in the Headlights!!!! Fortunately the other customers who were witness to her rudeness and his stink were all regulars and we all drew a collective sign of relief when she was gone and just had to laugh at the whole thing!!

shyvver

bathroom assistant
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 10:57:34 PM
I had one client who was getting a perm-my boss actually said to me, "watch out, she might die in your chair!!!!"[yeah she was OLD]. ANyway she had to go to the bathroom and really, there is NO way i'm going to assist a client doing that and when I told her daughter she had to use the bathroom she seemed extremely put out, and this was after she just left her for two hours....this poor old lady couldn't see, and really I don't think she knew what was going on at all. Her daughter just ushered her in then left. This is just as bad as parents who send their kids in without them, then come in and are all, "UHHHHH that's not what I wanted!!!" Somedays I really wonder HOW I bite my tongue.

bernikitty

Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 2:26:56 PM
i've just laugh louder and longer that i can't remember when. I'm separated, going thru a divorce
broke and raising three small children, but your story did me more good than a whole boat load of prozac! thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!! (still laughing tears running rdown my cheeks!)