Bulletin Boards > Skin and Spa > WAXING PARALYZED CLIENT
Posted By:
Posted By:LaurieR on: 5/25/2006 7:41:56 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: WAXING PARALYZED CLIENT
LaurieR

WAXING PARALYZED CLIENT
Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:41:56 PM
I HAVE A CLIENT COMING IN IN 2 WEEKS FOR A WAXING, (LEGS, EYEBROWS AND UPPER LIP) THE THING IS, SHE IS PARALYZED FROM WAIST DOWN SHE HAS SOME MOVEMENT IN ARMS BUT NOT ALOT. I AM WONDERING IF HER SKIN CAN TAKE THIS. WOULD I NEED TO USE SPECIAL TREATMENT OR SHOULD I EVEN DO IT? I KNOW THE SKIN OF A PARALYZED PERSON CHANGES BUT TO WHAT DEGREE?? HELP!!! I WANT TO HELP HER BUT NOT IF IT MIGHT HURT HER. OH AND SHE IS BRINGING SOMEONE TO HELP WITH LIFTING HER LEGS SO THAT IS SOLVED. BUT JUST HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT HER SKIN.

pinkparagon
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:54:37 PM
I think you would be okay with the lip and brow waxing, but I would have reservations about waxing her legs. There could be the same types of issues that you would run into with, say, a diabetic with neuropathy in the lower limbs. It might be a good idea to contact her primary care physician just to be on the safe side.

LaurieR

thanks!
Posted: Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:33:17 PM
i just wanted to say thanks for the reply. i never thought about complications like with diabetics but it makes sence to me. had my reservations about entire wax thing to start with but i needed to get it from someone else too for reassurance. if any one else has had any dealings with a matter such as this i would love ot hear from you!