shelbiebrown@sbcglobal.net

Gracie
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2006 6:32:05 AM

hues4you
Platinum Member

shelbiebrown
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2006 5:18:27 PM

Dear shelbiebrown-

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a moment to read over the board rules above in the green box.  Please don't be shy, we look forward to your participation!

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

Mitzeah

Hello...I am In Massachusetts
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:02:56 AM

I am a (almost) 40 yr old mom w 2 boys. I have been in salon product distribution for Goldwell, Rene Furterer, Alterna, Wella and now Joico, MOP, Avance, Plantogen. DiBi,Joico, Schwarzkopf , Senscience and the list grows. I love love love my company and my job.

I have been doing this on and off for about 20 yrs.

I joined here on a fluke browsing for conversion charts from color companies.

I CANNOT for the life of me find a universal conversion chart for any to any from any to any hair colors regarding Goldwell, Joico, Schwarzkopf, Framesi, Matrix, L'oreal etc.

No other distributor has them either. I have beenon a hell bent search. Do I need to make one?Can someone help?

Does anyone one know where I can buy one? I swear I'll pay the price.

Any information isGREATLY appreciated. I will return with coupons, product, classes, help etc. for whoever can help me...  ;)

CopaGirl
Bronze Member

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:33:47 AM
Check out removed by BTC per the rules She knows all the colors!

Elizabeth

elizabethb@behindthechair.com

pinkparagon
Bronze Member

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 7:51:30 PM
Mitzeah, I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but Framesi does have a conversion chart that converts most other professional lines to Framesi, both Framcolor 2001 and Futura.

CJ

Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:55:47 PM
The CHI one in the back room where I work converts just about any colour to the CHI line. Maybe that would be a start?
http://www.skwij.ca >>-))o>

KelsSoph

Hello... I am In Massachusetts
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2006 4:11:23 PM

Hello Mitzeah !

I do not think I can help you with your conversion problem, but wanted to connect.

I know a lot of color companies have color conversion charts for most colors (not all) to be converted to their color. I do not know of any universal chart for conversion from any color to any color.

You may do OK by getting some of these color conversion charts. For example, based on the Framisi chart, if it tells you how to convert Schwarzkopf to Framisi & Goldwell to Framisi, you may be able to fudge a conversion for Schwarzkopf to Goldwell. We do alot of fudging in this business!

I am a 45 year old mother of four, also in the industry for over 20 years ( off & on) , but as a stylist.

You sound like you're from Visions, & if so, I love your company too.

Great educational facility, great products, great people!

You did not mention Davines in your post. That is my main line. I was wondering if you have any favorite product lines. Of course my rep is helping me, but I could use as much advice as I can find.

I need to liquidate some products as I am very unhappy with my other distributor & no longer want to give them business.

Any thoughts on Senscience or Empower or Ecru New York?

I was also looking into Keune & Bain de Terre from elsewhere.

I am a small business & it would be sufficient to be a Davines exclusive salon, but I came from an Aveda exclusive salon & know that not every client is into a certain product line. It helps to have more than one choice. As much as people loved Aveda, some clients would leave without a product because they hated it!

Looking for one or two small lines to complement Davines. It would be convienient if all came from one distributor but not necessary.

I love & carry Sudzz FX, but they recently lost their distributorship out here. Could order from them direct til they find a new one but shipping would be expensive. Empower is supposed to be similar. I have also looked into Eufora.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

And Mitzeah, good luck with your search. I am originally from the North Shore & get down there often for family. Right now I am about 30 minutes from you in N.H. Where is your territory? I wonder if I've met you at Visions.

Thanks...