Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > SAVE ME FROM THE WOMEN I WORK WITH
Posted By:
Posted By:ANTYMAME on: 6/20/2006 3:49:06 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: SAVE ME FROM THE WOMEN I WORK WITH
ANTYMAME

SAVE ME FROM THE WOMEN I WORK WITH
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 3:49:06 PM
WORKING WITH UNBEARABLE CO-WORKERS .  I WORK WITH SOME YOUNGER GIRLS WHO SEEM TO LIKE TO MAKE MY JOB UNBEARABLE. I LIKE TO WORK IN AN UPBEAT POSITIVE ENVIRONMENT WHERE IF I HAVE A QUESTION OR NEED HELP I SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID TO ASK.  THESE GIRLS IGNORE ME ,GOSSIP AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THEY EVEN MAKE UP LIES THAT ARE POTENIALLY DAMAGING.  THEY ALSO DON'T CLEAN UP AFTER THEIRSELVES AND I AM EMBARRASSED WHEN MY CLIENTS COME IN.  TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THE OWNER DOESN'T RETURN MY PHONE CALLS.  i AM NEW TO THE BUSINESS.  I STARTED LAST OCT. AND I AM THINKING I MADE A BAD CHOICE. I WAITED FOR THIS JOB AND NOW I HATE IT. I DON'T WANT THEM TO BEAT ME BUT I CAN'T TAKE IT. HELP!

hues4you
Platinum Member

Antymame-
Posted: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 8:32:40 PM

Dear Antymame-

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the boards rules above in the green box above!  I hope you find the advice you are searching for.  Keep your head held high and pursue your dreams!

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

doinitright
Bronze Member

antymame, you don't have to take it
Posted: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 5:57:38 AM
Antymame, it isn't a matter of them beating you, it is a matter of integrity.  They obviously have their own faults as they are pointing other thase of others to cover theirs.  You really don't have to take it, get you client records together, on your own stationary, look into other salons and see what is out there.  The salons I have had the worst experiences with are Regis salons.  I am not going to bas them here but if I were you I would steer clear of them and all their affiliates.  Try to find a salon in a busy location, that advertises, (actually you can do that yourself) has a good walkin business.  It doesn't hurt to go there and just observe for awhile.  Meet the stylists, you may know one and just ask the questions.  Once you find one you are comfortable with visit it again.  Watch the stylist interact, see how they act on a busy day.  But the big thing is don't be afraid to ask questions.  If you need something ask.  You have to make things happen to get things to happen.  Good luck and hang in there!!   
This is based on my experiences and beliefs, if it offends anyone I am sorry.  This is what makes this country and this site so great.

Tesar

think dalai Lama!.. fot the cattyness!
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:16:27 PM
I work with some too and I jsut ignore them and smile becasue I am a spiritual person and dont believe in it. sometimes they laugh at me and I usually rub it off and joke back and call them names and its all good other times its non sense so i just absoultye ignore them cuz i dont want to cut them down and then they say something in a way that they think im oputing cuz im not saying anything back but i dont xcare..theyre all fat anyways! haha..i love them i just know that im doing all i can to be a good person and a good styulist. sometimes i talk about my dreams to much maybe and its annoyuing i know..but whatever..im the youngest in the salon and we all get on each others nervs. I just try to keep as cherpy and focused as i can on the work and tread lightly. I am still like you sometimes..but  just try to know that you are not all about that cattyness becasue it takes a bigger women or man to not cut someone else down. Just think of compassion for the beeothceses.