Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > Cut and Style > Stylist cutting harness ?
Posted By:
Posted By:Jocee437 on: 8/10/2006 8:37:41 PM

Author: Thread: Stylist cutting harness ?
Posts: 4

Stylist cutting harness ?
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:37:42 PM

Okay, so I seen one of these harness things about 9 years ago when I first started doing hair. And have not found anyone who sells them since. For those who don't know what I am talking about I will explain, it fits around then neck of the client with a bit of smalls weighs in the front part of it to hold it down, and on the back side of it there are cutting guild lines for you to follow to cut. The guides go straight across and curve depending on the shape  you are looking for. Now for my dilemma; does anyone know what I am talking about and where I can find one and if I am calling this thing by the right name? I have called a lot of supply companies but they have no clue what I am talking about. Any help would be great.

Thanks a ton!


Posts: 187
Bronze Member

Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 8:56:19 PM
What you are referring to is usually called either a cutting collar or a neck shield. There are cheaper ones in some of the supply catalogs, but you can order one right here on BTC:
This is the Tigi Hardcore neck shield and it runs $42.

Posts: 4

Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2006 9:03:04 PM

YAY! Thanks for the quick help lol. Do you know if the TIGI one has the guide lines? If not it is still perfect. WooHoo! I will buy it now, lol

Thanks Again