Discussion Board:
Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > REGIS STRIKES AGAIN!!! :( This is a bit long, but PLEASE read!
Posted By:
Posted By:sydelicious on: 8/22/2006 10:02:52 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: REGIS STRIKES AGAIN!!! :( This is a bit long, but PLEASE read!
sydelicious

Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 10:02:52 PM

LoL...ok, ok, ok :)  So, I was obviously a bit upset when I wrote my post!   I am no longer upset.  This situation has forced me to move on the bigger and MuCh better jobs :)  I was kind of scared to start out in a higher end salon, but its what I have always wanted so I am going to go for it!  I have 2 interviews lined up for 2 very nice, reputable salons less than 10 minutes from my home!!! They are both willing to let me start at commission, and bump me to booth rent asap!! I am very excited, and crossing my fingers that I can get a job soon.  So I guess I owe a thanks to my repliers for helping me settle down a bit, and not let someone else ruin my day.. and also an even BIGGER THANKS to Regis, for making me realize I deserve a BETTER job :)  I refuse to settle.  :)  THANKS!!  I am SO over this issue!

(p.s I was working at a Cost Cutters first, and got "hired" at a Regis Salon...)

SyDnEy 

russnyc
Platinum Member

Regis
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:05:22 AM
Hi

Regis isn't the only company to work for. You should set you sights for a place that you can grow and build a loyal clientele. Cost-driven salons aren't really where you will build a solid clientele, these people are always focused on price.

Consider a balanced career doing haircuts AND haircolor. You should consider taking a job in a local salon that is known for haircolor. Try Citysearch.com and type in your zipcode for well known salons near you, and read the reviews. Work with the colorists and learn about haircolor. You will never be able to charge high prices in a Regis location, and haircolor isn't the main focus at those shops.

No one will return your calls because it is a corporate chain and you don't work there now. Let it go and realize that this is no longer a priority.

Just coming out of school is difficult because you have high expectations for yourself and expect everyone to be as exited as you are. Not every interview or application will pan out. The worst thing you can do is to keep calling or demanding a response because it is unprofessional, they won't return your calls if you start acting like a stalker, LOL

Instead, hone your interviewing skills, put the past behind you, and find a really cool place to work. Do some research on the place before you fgo in, and CALL FIRST to see if they are hiring.

Most salons need help right about this time of year because after Labor Day, they start to get busy.

Hey, corporate places are great to work in, but so are the privately owned ones. I get to wear comfy jeans and a jazzy tshirt to work, have a casual schedule, and still charge $350 for a cut and highlights.

Ask yourself if you're going to continue to keep this woman's mistake affecting you, or put it down and move on...

These are all people skills you will need to develop as you move toward your life after school; often real life doesn't offer the structure, reasoning, or answers that school does.

Good Luck!

hues4you
Platinum Member

russnyc
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 6:23:17 PM

Dear russnyc-

Great advice!  Please keep it coming.  Very positive and uplifting.  Do you mind if I ask the salon name of where you are working?  If you choose not to share that is cool too.  Glad to have you with us.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator