Bulletin Boards > A day in the life of.... > helpless co-worker
Posted By:
Posted By:groovychick on: 10/10/2006 12:05:22 PM

Display:
Author: Thread: helpless co-worker
groovychick

helpless co-worker
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 12:05:22 PM

There is a co-worker who has been with us for several months now,yet she has not learned how to use our computer nor our phone system. This is costing the other stylists and myself time and money. Our salon does not employ a receptionist so it is up to us to answer the phones and schedule appointments. Because this new co-worker can't or won't learn (I have tried to teach her) how to answer the phones and schedule appointments, clients who call often can't make appointments when she does manage to answer the phone. Our manager doesn't seem to notice this problem we are having. Any suggestions?

gd
Gold Member

Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 2:23:38 PM
My sugestion would be to bring this to the attention of the manager. If this is part of her job, stop doing her job for her. She will never learn as long as someone is doing it for her.

hues4you
Platinum Member

groovychick
Posted: Tuesday, October 10, 2006 4:02:47 PM

Dear groovychick-

Welcome to the BTC Talk Back Boards!  Please take a few moments to read over the board rules in the green box above.  I agree, please discuss this issue with your manager.  Anyone can be taught a new skill, and appt booking is very important and it is only fair that if she is to receive clients, she should learn how to book them if this is your policy.

Cindy Farr Hester   Asst Moderator