Posted By:
Posted By:keiferkat on: 11/6/2006 7:12:01 AM

Display:
Author: Thread: Need prayers
keiferkat
Bronze Member

Need prayers
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 7:12:01 AM

My daughter died. she was 20 and worked beside my husband and me in the salon. She was a beautiful and talented hairdresser with a beautiful smile and a huge heart. She was in an auto accident. She got married 8 weeks before her death. It has been seven weeks since she died. I need your prayers. It is so hard to work and keep a stiff upper lip. Has anyone lost a child out there? Do you have any advice?  She was my best friend. Also my grandmother died the day before my daughter.

hairgoddess

need prayers
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 9:45:50 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter.  That's not an easy thing to go through.  I lost my mom and grandmother just recently and I'm having a hard time at work also.  It's really hard at holidays!  But, I know it gets easier to get through the day as time passes.  Just remember to take some time for yourself, maybe a trip away for a week or two would help.

hues4you
Platinum Member

keiferfat
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 11:02:40 AM

Dear keiferfat-

I am so sorry for your loss.  I can only imagine that this has to be one of the hardest things that one must go thru.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy Farr Hester  Asst Moderator

Humberto
Bronze Member

praying with you
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 1:35:28 PM

Our prayers are with you.  Remeber her smile, envision her working,  hear her laughter.  At first these memories will bring tears, but with time they will bring a smile.  My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

AMirage
Silver Member

Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 3:44:31 PM

Recently lost an uncle who was the only man I loved every day of my life. He was very special to me, and I am grateful to have had him in my life. Much of who I am, I am because of having him in my life.

I feel for you, sincerely.

I get lost in my craft, I find it easier to deal with things when I am placing foils, or texturing the ends of a long layered wispy cut. I can deal with my emotions better due to keeping my mind focused on my art. While smoothing those long locks with my ceramic brush, and creating free flowing, full bouncy hair I can literally think of nothing else. It's familiar, I've done it so many times, simple steps create a fabulous result, viola...just like that!

Ok I'm a bit eccentric, but then again in this field I am allowed to be.

Get lost in your craft, focus on something, one thing, time does heal your wounds, but never really cures you. She is with you always. You are who you are because of her.

AMirage

Krystalistic

Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 11:14:07 PM
My heart goes out to you and your family. To lose a child or a parent is the deepest pain to overcome and it will take time.Remain prayerful and continue to believe. Your Daughter's & Grandmother's spirit still remains in your heart. God bless you & your family xoxo

keiferkat
Bronze Member

Thank You
Posted: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:25:39 AM
Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers.  I do find doing hair is familiar. Coming back to work after a week and staying busy helps. First few weeks I was in a fog and focused on my craft. After seven weeks clients still come in and don't know. I find myself comforting them. Most days are ok days. The day I started this thread was a bad day. I just miss her so much. I want to say I am sorry for the losses I have read about here. The uncle, the mother, and the grandmother. They would all want us to go on with life. I will pray for you. God has given me the grace to get through this. I pray for peace and get it. God Bless.